has anyone use a Ventura luggage system? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
has anyone use a Ventura luggage system?

I am still trying to decide on a luggage system

I am not sure I like the Givi 35's as they are ehh well wide and I don't want them on all the time (just my opinion) BUT they are functional and durable.

soft bags are easy on and easy off but lack space and I don't like how they tend to shift and need alot of attention on longer trips, may scuff paint ... ect

I came across this Ventura system tonight but I never heard of it? Looks like a pretty clean install. Basically it is 2 bags zipped together and on top to get a large storage capacity 80-100+ liters depending on set up. But my questions are with all the weight upright and behind the rider does it make for more top heavy feel (reviews say no but I duno) also would the fit help with aerodynamics compared to the Givi 35's

cost/size comparison
soft luggage (60-80 liter capacity total) tribag system $200-$350 for saddle bags and tail bag (depending on brand)

ventura system (86 liters) with 2 bags and extra grab bar $550ish

Givi 35's (70 liter capasity) color matched and with quick disconnects and all the do da's $800-$900

here are the links
http://www.ventura-mca.com/system/video.aspx
http://www.ventura-mca.com/system/about.aspx

thoughts and opinions wanted

09' Versys "Mean Green my 3 year old immediately dubed it"
07' H-D FLHP Road King (not mine but drive it hard)
2001 FZ-1 (sold)
1998 Murader 800 (sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca (sold)
1988 Suzuki Savage 650

Last edited by MotoCop; 01-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 AM

It definitely will make the bike more top heavy, but I have a Givi E52 and it has never given me any problems with the location of the weight. I can feel it, but it doesn't seem to cause a problem. If I am going out for a day of serious twisties and feel I need storage I have a tail bag that fits on the Givi top case rack or the pillion. If you want soft bags it looks like a pretty cool solution.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 AM

theres an Aussie on the versys.co.uk forum (Cazzie) who had a ventura luggage rack

in fact doing a search ont he uk forum yields a good few hits

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM

or e41 , they are good and in upper little door is number lock

]

Last edited by vampir02; 01-06-2010 at 09:01 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 AM

I have a Ventura system, but only a single bag. Its great, heaps of room and easy to put on or off.
I don't notice its until I ride over 100km/h or 65mph, then it makes a little flapping noise (possible because its always half empty). Even so, it doesn't bother me much.

I think its the right option for twists
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM

I have the Ventura rack system with all three of the optional attachments, which are the Pack-Rack, the Sport-Rack, and the Grab-Handle, and a single bag that they no longer make but is similar to their Aero-Spada VII (Hyphens are in the official Ventura names.) I was lucky to buy them used from a member of this forum.

I only use the Pack-Rack even when I am not using the bag. I have only test fit the Sport-Rack and Grab-Handle. The Pack-Rack weighs very little more than even the much smaller Grab-Handle, and I use it to help move the bike around because the height of the Rack-Pack gives me a lot of leverage. Without the bag the Rack-Pack kind of makes the bike look like it has a sissy bar. I don't care, but some folks may want avoid the sissy bar look.

The longest I ever ride is 4-8 hour day rides, and for me the single bag is a good size. It gives me room for a decent sized cooler so I don't have to buy food or drinks when I add a Camelbak for water to drink while riding. And there is room for a fleece jacket, but not much more than that. I also bungee on a folding chair so that I can eat my lunch in comfort.

Having said the single bag is a good size, I would like to add a little storage for heavier items like a tire patch kit and a small pump. The Ventura double bag set up would give me all the room for that and allow me to add a rain outfit, but I would have to give up the folding chair, so I am looking at adding small panniers. That would also allow me to load the heavier items lower.

I have a set of the SW-Motech removable side racks that are incompatible with the Ventura rack mounting. I am studying how to modify them to work with each other, but in the end I may instead choose to make a custom permanent mounting for ammo boxes or Pelican 1430s. This would allow me to keep all the heavy stuff down low, and the Ventura bag would be for lighter things.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:18 AM

center case is by me givi maxia 52l .. and its quiet and no noise .. tested by 200km/h :s
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM

how many revs were you pulling at 200km/h
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM

uff.. thats a good question .. i forgote .. i rember that on straight i got 197km/h , on revs.. i will try when the winter is gone ..
but i rember that was not on red area .. was some rpm free till red ..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:03 PM

that's crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode