How to fit LED running lights in radiator trim - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How to fit LED running lights in radiator trim

Off work over Christmas and had enough of sitting around eating chocolate. Should have had a tidy up in the garden but the garage gremlins allways seems to say the garden can wait, so off to the garage it was.
I had previously fitted some small LED running lights on to the sides of the radiator with brackets stuck on with double sided tape but these would get loose when the rad got hot and they also got some condensation inside so I thought have a look on the net to see what I could find.
Amongst others I found " bikevis bullets " as others have used.
http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-le...ng-lights.html
I liked the look of these but could not really find a good place on the bike to fit them.
I noticed that they used a T10 hi power LED bulb in their plastic bullet housing so I thought why not mount a couple of these bulbs each side in the radiator end shrouds, cheap and neat and in this position keeps the lamps quite wide apart. The pictures do not do them justice, they are ruddy blight and I could have just used one each side but went a bit over the top and used two.
There is more room to drill them than I first thought and they are held in by friction fit and a bit of dense foam and duct tape.
I did take the bulbs apart and superglued the led and alloy cap on to make sure water is kept out and then soldered the leads on and covered with heat shrink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rad trim LED's 009.JPG (56.2 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Rad trim LED's 013.JPG (64.2 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg Rad trim LED's 021.JPG (67.8 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg Rad trim LED's 016.JPG (61.1 KB, 402 views)

Last edited by clivecoo; 01-01-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You're on the right track

Nice job clive...You just increased your chances of conspicuity by a 100%...This companys product does the same thing. They were tested by Motorcycle Consumer News and the were rated super high to increase the visabilty of the bike...Check it out one and all...
http://skenedesign.com/lights/

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode