MRA xcm Screen - Dissapointed! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MRA xcm Screen - Dissapointed!

Having put up with the screen for long enough, and getting better results from my Honda Forza at speeds 100kph plus, I decided to buy the MRA today and I've got to say I expected more! A couple of friends have opted for locally made screens which are copies of Givi etc made with the same materials, and they are pleased with the results for 1,500bht, about 45$. Being a little finicky, I opted for an original MRA at 7,500bht, about 235$ and the results are poor.

I have tried the top deflector at various settings and anything over 100k is just disappointing. Under 80k it is ok, but not worth the dollars

Has anyone experienced the same? Am I missing something? I'm 182cm tall if that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
MRA xcm Screen - Dissapointed!

Yes it is.

Expensive and little benefit was my conclusion when I was looking for a solution to my buffeting issues.

so I put my money into a 20in MadStad screen bought locally. We have very limited selectoin in Australia and pay double to gamble.

Have you tried at the highest setting and 1in off the screen same angle as screen? This is supposed to provide the most highest lift of air above your head.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 PM

Garage
I have the Kawasaki branded MRA Vario screen and with it on the highest settings am satisfied. The OEM screen caused massive buffeting around the helmet.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 07:49 AM

I had it set higher up by using some brackets, maybe an inch higher n set the secondary flip screen to #3 from lowest. No buffeting at 120kph (no opportunity to go faster). I am 178cm. Brackets r from Ace Hardware, meant for reinforcing wooden furniture's.

I know the bad buffeting from the stock screen.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM

consider replacing the spoiler with the original windshield, works great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys windshield 001.jpg (52.5 KB, 82 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Kawasaki Vario screen and am very pleased with it. I have the shield mounted in the lower holes and normally ride with the vario deflector in the lowest setting. If it starts raining, or gets cold, I will raise it up and duck down a little. Same thing with high speeds. If I am running high speeds I lean forward regardless of the shield because I want more weight on the front.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I just feel it isn't worth the price as the gains are minimal for me. In fact, where I am using my Drift action cam with mic in the helmet, the wind noise is worse. I will try raising it a little more with brackets as suggested.

Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 08:16 AM

I got the OEM Vario Touring Screen (made by MRA) and I hated it. I'm 1.86, at the highest setting it makes riding miserable, it puts the wind just in the middle of my helmet and the buffeting is terrible. At the lowest setting the air is just under my helmet, so it does keep a bit of air off my chest, but that's about it... Not really worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode