OK, who makes the biggest d**n windshield for the verys? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OK, who makes the biggest d**n windshield for the verys?

I've tried two or three of them and none are just quite tall enough to get the air flowing cleanly over the top of my head (I'm just over 6').

Looking into winter projects and so far the only items my bike doesn't have are a good set of speedy's anti-vibration risers, some grip heaters and a windshield I am happy with.

I have no issuing ordering the biggest thing I can find and then trimming if I need to. Can always cut a little off but sick of buying a windshield that just isn't quite big enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

FYI:

I currently have on the Vario screen with x-creen attachment.

Still can't quite get the air flowing up over my head.

If I crouch down in my seat about 2" things are noticeably improved. Just need something that little bit taller.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
MadStad have a 20in tall screen. Suits me and I'm 6'4.5"

I think they can make taller screen as well.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
My Yamaha Majesty scooter 'screen is 23" tall. It goes on for long trips, and when the temps go down over the winter. Here are three pics - the shield w/ the pieces I cut off it, and then set-up. I went to the Majesty site and bought them from the FOR SALE part - about $50 apiece, and they mount onto a Madstad bracket now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V'shield1 copy.jpg (30.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg V'shield2 copy.jpg (30.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg V'shield3 copy.jpg (40.0 KB, 202 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Pre-2010..http://parabellum.com/PARABELLUM-Rep...07-09-P73.aspx

2010+...http://parabellum.com/PARABELLUM-Rep...10-on-P96.aspx

I had a tall Tinted on my 09 ....
600_106935832 by weljo2001, on Flickr

428714_3082018883967_855219738_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
djg

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
My Yamaha Majesty scooter 'screen is 23" tall. It goes on for long trips, and when the temps go down over the winter. Here are three pics - the shield w/ the pieces I cut off it, and then set-up. I went to the Majesty site and bought them from the FOR SALE part - about $50 apiece, and they mount onto a Madstad bracket now.
Creative and impressive adaptation! It looks bloody enormous; must do a great job of keeping the wind at bay.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Beware overly tall screens- they often come with handling problems, particularly in strong side and quartering winds. I took mine off, never to return. I accept the wind now: if I wanted weather protection I wouldn't have sold my Concours.

To each his own.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Creative and impressive adaptation! It looks bloody enormous; must do a great job of keeping the wind at bay.
I have to give the credit to "Blipco" for the Majesty 'shields.

The BIG reasons I 'wear' the Majesty 'shield on my "epic" rides is for the rain-days - even w/ rain-gear it gets "OLD" really quick when the rain's pelting your chest (which I've had for whole 12 hour days!!!) - and to help keep SOME of my body-heat from escaping to the wind.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 PM

I bought the tall parabellum. It was not tall enough. I drilled holes 1 1/4 inches lower to raise the screen. It pushes the wind just over my head so that I can use an open face helmet for long rides at 60 to 75 mph.

Parabellum states that you should look just over the windshield. I am currently looking about 2" over the top. Would like to be about 1". but this seems to be doing the job.

I am 6" 2" tall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode