2010 versys body work - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 versys body work

Here is the bottom line: I like the 2010 versys looks, does anyone know if the new body work will fit an 08? (replace headlight, windshield, fairings, blinkers maybe).

Here is the long story:
So I bought a 2008 Versys new in 08, and I have loved it. I have used it for adventure sport touring and it served me well, but then my wife wanted to go on long trips with me... but she wanted to drive. Now I have a 06 Buell Ulysses and my wife rides the Versys.

She dropped it recently on gravel, going only a couple mph. The bodywork that covers the coolant resivor is scratched up and I'm going to replace it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 10:05 PM

It would fit, but you'd have to get the whole front end... lot's a $$$.

I like the color on the '10. If I get tired of my green I'm going to paint it black.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM

If you get tired of the green sell me your bodywork and paint mine black...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 03:04 AM

I have orange V and I am thinking of 2010 bodywork upgrade as well.
Many people are thinking of “upgrade” to 2010 looks, but I actually do not know if anyone did it, yet. My guess it would be several hundreds $.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

worth it

I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny, but I really dig the looks of the new versys... I just don't know how the fairing and headlight and everything hook up, if the bolt holes are in different areas things could get real complicated real quick.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny, but I really dig the looks of the new versys... I just don't know how the fairing and headlight and everything hook up, if the bolt holes are in different areas things could get real complicated real quick.
The frame and tank did not change, so it would bolt up okay. You would just have to have all of the pieces and brackets and stuff to complete it. The meter/gauge pack look the same, not sure about the main front mounting bracket for the light pack. A quick check on part numbers should reveal that. The headlight pack, two panels, trim pieces and bracket is about $600 to $800 for '07-'09 models, so the new one shouldn't be that much different. An OEM parts diagram for the '08 model shows all the parts involved. I have not seen an online fiche for the new model.

I think it's an update in the looks for sure. The old headlight looks like one of those goofy aliens in Star Wars. Not sure if it would be worth the $$ to me for a different headlight. I would rather remove the side panels, put a ER6 tank and headlight on there, and a small flyscreen. Naked is just so hot.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

yeah, its expensive but the looks are really great and I need to replace some parts anyway. I really like the naked look of the bike, but my wife rides it now and she would rather keep the wind protection than have the cool looks.

As far as naked goes, my Ulysses has the naked look down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike screen saver.JPG (116.1 KB, 128 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode