Great experience purchasing Givi Trekker Outback cases - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great experience purchasing Givi Trekker Outback cases

I just wanted to share a recent experience. I have been researching hard cases to add to my bike. I came across an excellent review on advrider.com ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=998276 )

In addition to the very positive comments he had about the cases he points towards a shop in Italy as a source ( http://www.motostorm.it/en/ ). I had a few concerns about purchasing overseas but the prices were so good that after researching enough comments at various sites I took the plunge.

Just as described in the review I linked to above I found a pair of black 37L Givi Trekker Outback cases in the outlet section of the website for $607.00 with a shipping cost of $41.00 for a total delivered price of $648.00. The price does seem to vary a little day to day because of the exchanged rate, the website bases prices in euros but does give the dollar conversion on the site and in the checkout, although the final bill is delivered in euros.

The shipping was amazing. On Sunday Aug 10 in the afternoon I prepared orders for the cases from Motostorm, as well as for the Givi side brackets from Twisted Throttle and the rear bracket from Revzilla. (no one place had any two of the pieces in stock and all three are required to mount the cases) I submitted all three orders almost simultaneously and on Monday Aug 11 I received emails that all three had shipped. Motostorm and Twisted throttle used fed/ex and Revzilla used UPS. The packages for Motostorm (Italy) and Twisted Throttle (Rhode Island) arrived at my house on the same truck on the morning of Wednesday Aug 13 and the package from Revzilla (Pennsylvania) arrived on the afternoon of Thursday Aug 14.

The original scheduled delivery day from Motostorm was actually supposed to be today (Monday Aug 18), not only did they beat that by 5 days but I am still amazed that the package from Italy arrived a day before the package from Pennsylvania.

The cases were well packed in original Givi packaging and appeared to be brand new, not seconds or returns even though they were purchased from the outlet.

These cases are awesome. However, in an effort not to re-invent the wheel I will refer to fantastic review at the link above for details other than to say that I am extremely happy with these cases.

Installation was simple and took a total of about 30 minutes. Except for a 13mm wrench I was able to complete the installation with the underseat tool kit (I had to do this due to an issue with my wife and the key to my tool cabinet that I will not go into )

The one important piece of advise I will add in case anyone chooses to order from this company is to call your credit card company before you place the order. If you do not there is a high probability that they will block the transaction because it is an overseas purchase for a fairly substantial amount and they will likely flag it as fraud. I use Citibank and I called and spoke with their fraud people just before placing the order, they asked me a few questions to verify and then cleared it without issue. I have read in some review of people having difficulties if they did not take this small step.

I tried to post a picture but I cannot figure out how, I know there are threads on this and I will look through those and figure it out.

Thanks, I hope this is useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 AM

Great looking cases. I'd not heard of these before and for hard bags that's a good price. Will be interested in seeing pictures of them on your bike.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 11:02 AM

I think those are just about the best looking cases out there. You making me jealous... Thanks.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

I have attached a photo of the cases mounted on my bike. They look and work great. I am extremely happy with this setup.

another thing however is that today I recieved an invoice from fedex for a 20% import tariff charge. The reviews that I read before ordering from Italy warned that fedex would try this and that there should be no import tariff on motorcycle accessories.

I called the fedex customs division and explained to them that the charge was incorrect and they dropped it immediately without protest.

It seemed to me that they knew exactly what game they were playing at and they were banking on the fact that most non-commercial customers will not be familiar with the rules regarding customs fees and so are just sending out bills to see who will pay (that of course is the cynic in me talking)

anyway all is good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys.jpg (41.4 KB, 595 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode