First update on my Versys :) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to StarLight
First update on my Versys :)

First update on my 2008 Versys that I got two weeks ago: the seat, windscreen, handguards, radiator guard and engine crash bars are installed. I also did my first small ride on it, taking it out to fill up on gas, the first 15 kilometers are done

Friday afternoon I'm taking it to the dealer to have it checked out as I don't know about its previous history (it's an import from Italy), and I'll have him probably also install the tail tidy; and to explain to me what I can check where myself (this is my first own bike).

Saturday I'll be going to a free full-day screening (once per calendar year, you can attend one for free, paid by the government) where I'm sure many errors and areas of improvement will be pointed out to me by the instructors

The Ermax green hugger and the fender extender are still underway, as is the RAM gps mount. The Algard engine guard and the Joe Rocket manta and manta xl tankbags are being re-delivered today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000826.jpg (160.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg P1000828.jpg (115.4 KB, 283 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Just got back from the local kawa dealer, had my bike serviced there; the maintenance log that came with my bike was completely empty (not a single stamp, although the bike had 3.500km on the clock), so just to be sure we did a 6.000km service (the "small" service; oil and filter changing, and checking a bunch of other items).

They ask a flat fee of 85 euro for that, seems quite hefty to me for 20 minutes work and 2 liters of oil (apparently they use 10w40 semi-synthetic oil) and an oil filter, lubing the chain and putting it on the right tension (it was slightly too loose now), checking tire pressure, you know the works better than me

But now I have peace of mind, the bike is serviced/checked and good to go for sure.

They also installed the romatech tail tidy kit, wow it looks very good, and at a very reasonable price too (it re-uses the existing indicators); and everything is still very visible all around.

The Joe Rocket Manta and Manta XL bags have arrived as well, used the XL today to drive to the dealer in the pouring rain. It looks good on the versys and fits well, and with the built-in rain cover everything stayed dry.

This was my first ride in the rain, by the way. It went fine, you actually don't feel a thing, so the clothes are approved Only the visor of my helmet got too wet to my liking, perhaps apply some spray or so on the outside to better remove the water?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000829.JPG (167.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg P1000832.JPG (99.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg P1000833.JPG (94.8 KB, 114 views)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Hi Starlight,
I like the looks of the tankbag; have a Cortech myself. Whose seat is that? J.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungmann1 View Post
Whose seat is that?
Mine of course, mwuhahahahaaa

It's the kawasaki lower gel seat; picked it up at half price at a dealer that wanted to get rid of it, it was hardly used (only for demo's in the shop).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM

Nice tail tidy, but from the looks of it , you couldn't see the tail anyway with that big mother license plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode