2010 Versys body panel swap for UK orange color? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Versys body panel swap for UK orange color?

Ok...here's one for you guys in OZ or Europe. In the US we only get the black color option for 2010. Are there any Kawasaki dealers either OZ or in the EU that would sell and ship orange body panels to a guy in the USA who HATES the all black Versys? Anyone tried this for a previous year? Am I nuts for even thinking it?

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 06:04 PM

Sounds like a cool idea and it will confuse the hell out of the dealer (if you ever take it in).

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

I know I'll get some odd looks, but Kawasaki USA just hasn't imported decent colors in my opinion. I like the 2010 'update', but would definitly have to put some different body panels on it. Perhaps silver wheels as well?

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 AM

Question old V upgrade

I have a similar but not quite the same idea: I am thinking of upgrading my 07 Versys with the new panels from 2010 model.
I wonder if they would fit.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Ok...here's one for you guys in OZ or Europe. In the US we only get the black color option for 2010. Are there any Kawasaki dealers either OZ or in the EU that would sell and ship orange body panels to a guy in the USA who HATES the all black Versys? Anyone tried this for a previous year? Am I nuts for even thinking it?
which orange are you talking about
2007 Burnt Candy Orange or 2009 pearl wildfire orange. AFAIK the Ossies only got the colour choice in 2009, up till then it was candy green.

the 2007 orange has been sold in Canada, which would make it close to you.
AFAIK there are only two colour options on the 2010 model, yellow or black. I don't think anyone has got close enough to know whether the panels from the 2010 version are interchangeable with the previous versions.

I can't see why you couldn't use the orange panels on your stealth black 09 Versys, but I'd suspect you would be better off 'just' spraying the panels and the tank to match. I'm not to certain how black panels and an orange tank would look. the price of the new parts I suspect would be prohibitive.

odd how often we always want something that is unobtainable... I've got a 2007 orange and if it died tomorrow I'd be sore tempted by a 2009 stealth black or the in your face yellow of a 2010. I don't think I want to change bike just yet. The Versys still ticks so many boxes that its a tough competition to think of replacing it.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Take them to your favorite painter and get them sprayed WHATEVER color you like - probably WAY cheaper.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

I'm speaking of the 2010 model only. The orange colored body panels that I saw on the 2010 model were available in OZ, and also the EU. The OZ/EU bike appears to be idenical to the model we get here in the states. I've studied multiple pictures, and it appears the gas tanks on the 2010 models are all black. Only the plastic side panels are a different color. Which makes me think, if I can get the 2010 orange panels I want from the UK, ect, they would be a direct bolt on part for my bike.

And yes, I could just have the panels repainted, but if I did it, I'd prolly spend the extra $$ to order them from the EU ot OZ.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Wait, wait, wait! Don't you own a Duc? Did you get a 2010 Versys?

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

The UK model color is called Pearl Solar Yellow, but I can't find anything for the AU models. I think the panels I want are Pearl Solar Yellow.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
I know I'll get some odd looks, but Kawasaki USA just hasn't imported decent colors in my opinion. I like the 2010 'update', but would definitly have to put some different body panels on it. Perhaps silver wheels as well?
Excuse me? It is evident you have not seen the '09 in Green.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah....the '09 green didn't do it for me at all. Sorry.

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Some new pics of the 2010 V shown this week at the UK Birmingham Bike show. I attended the show yesterday (Tuesday) but did not take the attached pics. they were found on the UK Versys site (thanks madmark). The only changes I noted were new wing mirrors, new light cluster a seemingly lower standard seat - it still remains a good bike and was a very popular model to sit on!

John

Plus a little bike to pop to town on!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new v.jpg (203.8 KB, 3004 views)
File Type: jpg new v 2.jpg (147.8 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg new v 3.jpg (205.7 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg P1000487.jpg (899.4 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by GD0NFN; 12-02-2009 at 04:02 PM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I think the yellow looks WAY better than the all black. But I don't like the seat on the yellow bike...

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Oh, my holy crap - I think I just filled the cup.

That yellow is totally awesome. I'm moving overseas!

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Found the Color code:

Kawasaki 10A Pearl Solar Yellow

SKU # : 3712
Vendor : ColorRite
Manufacturer : Kawasaki
Manufacturer Code : 10A
Requires Base #1712

http://www.colorrite.com/product/kaw...ellow-1578.cfm

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Found the Imperial Red color code as well

Color swatch is just an approximation for reference. It is not an exact color representation.
Kawasaki 19J Metallic Imperial Red

SKU # : 3802
Manufacturer Code : 19J

http://www.colorrite.com/product/kaw...l-red-1593.cfm

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 AM

The seat on that Yellow V is the bloody expensive lower gel seat.

Life is short, ride long.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 AM

Does anyone know if you can put the plastics from an 10 or 11 on an 08?
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 08:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to rickescazu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2daMax View Post
Found the Color code:

Kawasaki 10A Pearl Solar Yellow

SKU # : 3712
Manufacturer Code : 10A
Requires Base #1712

http://www.colorrite.com/product/kaw...ellow-1578.cfm
Yes i am thinking of doing the swap to pearl Solar yellow also but was quoted $500 for the paint and base coat and clear cost, just materials alone from color rite, say i need a quart of each product and 2 quarts of reducer. add shipping to Costa Rica, duty and labor for a body shop and i am thinking it might be cheaper to buy the panels from a UK dealer? any thoughts?

thanks
rick
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickescazu View Post
Yes i am thinking of doing the swap to pearl Solar yellow also but was quoted $500 for the paint and base coat and clear cost, just materials alone from color rite, say i need a quart of each product and 2 quarts of reducer. add shipping to Costa Rica, duty and labor for a body shop and i am thinking it might be cheaper to buy the panels from a UK dealer? any thoughts?

thanks
rick
I got my handguard shells from Cradley Kawasaki in the UK. They said they have sent entire sets of plastics to the USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode