newbie help - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
newbie help

ok guys, sorry for soo many questions..but i also have a brother who just bought a new bumblebee yellow 12 versys. has anybody had any luck with the vario mra touring screens? we dont want anything real tall that looks bad..found one at twisted throttle..anybody ever deal with them? also, any other ideas about a screen thats not too tall? thank you guys..scott&chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 03:33 PM

Garage
I have the Kawasaki branded MRA Vario screen and it helped a lot. I was getting a lot of buffeting around the helmet with the stock screen which the Vario screen removed. I have mine on the highest setting and the vario blade as high as it will go.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

i getting the one without the extension, the smaller one if you will..any experience with that one? thank you by the way for replying to me! still a newbie on here!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
without a doubt the MRA Vario screen is nice..though I went with Puig screen...if you're looking for a lot of reading..try using the Search..there's lots of postings on windscreens and people's opinions of them...it can come down to your individual height as to which you'll prefer...Twisted Throttle are good guys..though I use SoloMoto for a lot of my online buys...
happy trails
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 PM

I went with the Givi shield myself.

As far as Twisted Throttle goes, I have been buying from them for years never had a problem with their service at all. I had one problem with my SW Motech rack adapter plate, a rubber bumper was missing, I called and there were a couple in the mail that day. They're not the cheapest guys on the block but I yet to find anyone who matched they're service and that's worth a few buck more to me.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickeybond View Post
...found one at twisted throttle..anybody ever deal with them?...
Yes - GREAT folks, and IF you ever get to D2D... you just MIGHT get a free tee shirt from them....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickeybond View Post
i getting the one without the extension, the smaller one if you will..any experience with that one? thank you by the way for replying to me! still a newbie on here!
It has worked VERY WELL for me after trying a couple different ones. I too don't like anything big.

This is the latest look after 4K+ miles

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode