SW Motech skid plate with Givi Crash bars - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
SW Motech skid plate with Givi Crash bars

I just wanted to share my recent install of the sw motech skid plate with existing Givi crash bars. I had already had the Givi crash bars and decided I wanted to try and put the sw motech skid plate on for protection. I had to modify the installation process a little bit to make it work but in the end it was not bad to install and I think it looks great. I had to swap some spacers around but did not have to use anything other than what came with the skid plate other than a few washers for spacing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140706_150703_264.jpg (145.6 KB, 383 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140706_084157_075.jpg (134.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140706_084131_641.jpg (139.5 KB, 357 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Looks real nice. Giving love to both companies. Gotta love it!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 04:16 PM

Garage
Spacers on the upper front mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave12 View Post
I just wanted to share my recent install of the sw motech skid plate with existing Givi crash bars. I had already had the Givi crash bars and decided I wanted to try and put the sw motech skid plate on for protection. I had to modify the installation process a little bit to make it work but in the end it was not bad to install and I think it looks great. I had to swap some spacers around but did not have to use anything other than what came with the skid plate other than a few washers for spacing.
Dave,
I am attempting the same install. I am struggling with the front upper mounts of the crash bars that are also shared with the skid plate. Could you post a couple of pictures yours so that I can see the spacers you used and your technique? The Crash bars seem to get in the way of the proper spacing of the skid plate bracket.

Thanks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 PM

Looks great. I love the colors of your bike. Very nice!

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Very nice. Where in Maine are you Dave? Our summer home is in Rockwood on Moosehead Lake. My grand parents owned sporting camps in the area a very long time ago - 1899 to 1952. Even though our winter home is in Texas I call Maine home.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Heavyhiking, I will try and post some pics this weekend for you if you still need them. I haven't checked on here in a while so I am sorry I did not see your post earlier. I can tell you that I did not use any spacers on the upper right mount if you are looking from the front of the bike. I put the skidplate mount in between the frame and the givi crashbar mount. On the upper left mount, I swapped a spacer from the rear givi crashbar mount (which is the long threaded bolt that slides through the frame to secure rear givi mount) and one that came with the skidplate. I used large washers as a spacer to make up space after swapping these two spacers. So to recap, one of the original givi spacers used on rear givi long threaded rod through the frame was the right length for the upper left mount, and you have to make up space on the long threaded rod once the two spacers are swapped. I will post a picture of front, but there is no good way to show you the back spacers since they are all hidden.

Arion, I live in Ripley which is a small town about 45 minutes south of Greenville. I like Rockwood a lot and also the Kokadjo area on the other side of moosehead is nice too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode