Versys LED kits - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys LED kits

I may be a safety freak but I feel like I should be more visible when riding my Versys, day or night. Does anyone have experience selecting and installing LED kits (brake, turn, front, rear, whatever makes you more visible) and provide recommendations?

Thx

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 PM

The best LED turn signals I have ever bought or seen (best quality and brightest) are Kellerman. They are a little expensive, but well worth it.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/kellermann.cfm

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:31 PM

I installed the back off module on the rear led brake and it is an attention getter. Soldering all connections it only took 30 minutes.

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/xp.asp

For piece of mind I poked little led bulbs in all of the blinkers to use as running lights which took quite a bit more time to install; and a few more beers. They give off moderate light but running straight led blinkers as turn signal and running lights would be the brightest.

One of the other threads talks about putting the somewhat pricey 65 watt H7 bulbs in the front for a huge difference in headlight output... that is next on the list.

http://www.suvlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=164

Hope this helps

Todd

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM

I found these, http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=1 . They look like a great way to let everyone else know what your intensions are. I don't know if the price is too much or not, but they do look interesting.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:12 PM

BTW, I don't know about other states but in New Hampshire you can not replace any lights with anything other then manufacturers design. This does not mean you you can't add supplemental lights. I know of several people who were stopped by the State Police and told they had to change the LED lights back to stock. I don't know what other state allow.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Check out my LED's under Versys modifications. Work great, look good and a cheap price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode