More minimalism - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
More minimalism

Took off the Givi screen (will replace in cold weather) with an OEM purchased from Tgoods. Sanded the back side with #600 emery and painted with flat black Krylon rattle can. The view from the rear of the screen suits the surrounding flat black body work, the front is glossy which suits the front end. I replaced the shiny OEM button head screws with black button heads. I only had much-hated Phillips that I had in my hardware cabinet. Today I replaced them with hex drive button heads. Sharp eyes will see the Phillips (I took photos yesterday).

I really like the ride with OEM at lowest setting. It's quieter than either of the two tall screens I have for cold weather and the added breeze is good in hot weather. Less buffeting around the helmet too, plus the V seems less affected by side winds.

I'm slowly getting there. I'd like to lose the passenger foot pegs but it looked like something was missing with that gap there when I removed them. I'm thinking of getting a block of metal to fill the gap, paint it black. I don't want to cut off the frame extensions because I need to attach a retainer there for soft bags to keep the bags off the tire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-4FrontRtNet.jpg (56.3 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg LeftFrtNet.jpg (96.2 KB, 216 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Took off the Givi screen (will replace in cold weather) with an OEM purchased from Tgoods. Sanded the back side with #600 emery and painted with flat black Krylon rattle can. The view from the rear of the screen suits the surrounding flat black body work, the front is glossy which suits the front end. I replaced the shiny OEM button head screws with black button heads. I only had much-hated Phillips that I had in my hardware cabinet. Today I replaced them with hex drive button heads. Sharp eyes will see the Phillips (I took photos yesterday).

I really like the ride with OEM at lowest setting. It's quieter than either of the two tall screens I have for cold weather and the added breeze is good in hot weather. Less buffeting around the helmet too, plus the V seems less affected by side winds.

I'm slowly getting there. I'd like to lose the passenger foot pegs but it looked like something was missing with that gap there when I removed them. I'm thinking of getting a block of metal to fill the gap, paint it black. I don't want to cut off the frame extensions because I need to attach a retainer there for soft bags to keep the bags off the tire.
Good look/good contrast. And ditto on the stock screen at low.

Black 2012 Versys-Sold!
Blue WR250R
Green Bolens
Black GSX-S750
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 PM

Nice. Did you use a kit to clean up the rear?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redden68 View Post
Nice. Did you use a kit to clean up the rear?
No, it's a cut, slash and move the lights. The guard in front of the rear wheel is a piece of mudflap rubber cut to fit. It was done by the previous owner.
Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RearNet.jpg (96.1 KB, 124 views)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM

Garage
Nice.
I too swapped out the large screen for stock this summer. First ride was cooler, but then I mounted the screen upside down. This made to top about 3 inches lower giving more air on these hot days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode