Removing rear 2014 turn signals - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Removing rear 2014 turn signals

Moving the turn signals back for the givi plxr rack is a pain.

I may be completely missing something, but there's a Phillips screw that is fully blocked by the metal tubing of the fender.

I had to unscrew the whole fender to reach them and pull out the stock turn signals. Stock cable reached the new mounting points (barely) and pullling out/rewiring the connectors is a pain due to a very small wiring hole.

Seeing as the signals fit without moving them, I'm somewhat unconvinced if the effort to move them is worth it.

Last edited by abandonliberty; 06-18-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 12:18 AM

had the same problem. I removed the whole rear fender section, which allowed easier working on it. I ended up splicing the cables for both sides and extending them by about 4 inches. After that I could comfortably have the cables run within the fender and reach into the bike to the connectors without problems. The only thing left to do is taking care of the leftover holes. But I've seen posts about that...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:41 AM

Garage
I took off the whole fender as well and extended the wires, never filled the holes but I drilled holes and used rubber gromits to run the wires through the fender. After all that the right blinker rubbed on the pannier so I fitted a Custom LED's tail light.

http://www.customdynamics.com/sport_...wasaki_Versys_

Last edited by MaverickAus; 08-07-2014 at 01:45 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I went through the same thing with my Givi mounts...it was one big pain..but it all worked out and so far no problems...
I'm pretty sure a fender eliminator would've been easier to fit...I may crop my fender at some time..but I don't plan on removing it...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I think theres a thread from a few years back. Someone had replace the Versys turn signals with KLR turn signals which are shorter so there was no need to relocate them. Also i think someone cut the stalks of the stock signals to make them shorter.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Interesting. I had no particular problem reaching, or changing, any of the bits on my 2008 although I did scrape a finger or two. I did add a 3 inch extension to the turn signal wiring harnesses because I didn't like the fact that the wiring would have been stretched more than I felt comfortable with.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 AM

Garage
Oh yeah forgot, when I was researching what to do about the rubbing indicator I noticed the KLR, ER-6n indicators were shorter and would directly replace the Versys ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode