Replacement shock spring - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Replacement shock spring

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement spring for the stock shock in a different color (black or silver).

I am going to be repainting my red 08 versys black and dont think the red shock will look good with the new black body pieces. I'm not confident about removing the spring sanding and painting it.

If anyone has a recomendation about how to get a black or silver spring for the stock shock, please let me know.

"No man shal be debarred the use of arms" "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 PM

Ok I am very New to the group here and I just picked up my V today actually it is a 09 and I noticed almost imediately that I have a silver spring where almost everyother one has a red spring, is it possible mine is an after market one or was a silver spring an option ... if it is a standard on some color combo then maybe you can get one from the dealer?

*edit* upon further inspection there are quite a few green and black Versys with the silver spring is there a difference between the green and the red springs? or is it just factory to match bike color *edit*

09' Versys "Mean Green my 3 year old immediately dubed it"
07' H-D FLHP Road King (not mine but drive it hard)
2001 FZ-1 (sold)
1998 Murader 800 (sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca (sold)
1988 Suzuki Savage 650

Last edited by MotoCop; 11-03-2009 at 09:40 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to E-nigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgun View Post
Does anyone know where I could find a replacement spring for the stock shock in a different color (black or silver).

I am going to be repainting my red 08 versys black and dont think the red shock will look good with the new black body pieces. I'm not confident about removing the spring sanding and painting it.

If anyone has a recomendation about how to get a black or silver spring for the stock shock, please let me know.
If you are not confident about removing the stock spring to re-paint it, then how are you going to install a new spring as an alternative?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCop View Post
Ok I am very New to the group here and I just picked up my V today actually it is a 09 and I noticed almost imediately that I have a silver spring where almost everyother one has a red spring, is it possible mine is an after market one or was a silver spring an option ... if it is a standard on some color combo then maybe you can get one from the dealer?

*edit* upon further inspection there are quite a few green and black Versys with the silver spring is there a difference between the green and the red springs? or is it just factory to match bike color *edit*
The silver springs are good for an additional 5 HP over the red springs, and they stay fresh at least 6 months longer.

I've not yet seen a green spring in person, but they supposedly improve MPG.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-nigma View Post
If you are not confident about removing the stock spring to re-paint it, then how are you going to install a new spring as an alternative?
I am only uncomfortable with repainting a the existing spring, not the removal process.

"No man shal be debarred the use of arms" "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 PM

What I was asking is it possible (doubt it) that the red or silver springs have different spring rates?

09' Versys "Mean Green my 3 year old immediately dubed it"
07' H-D FLHP Road King (not mine but drive it hard)
2001 FZ-1 (sold)
1998 Murader 800 (sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca (sold)
1988 Suzuki Savage 650
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCop View Post
What I was asking is it possible (doubt it) that the red or silver springs have different spring rates?

Same spring rate. You'll notice the more you see pictures of our bikes, Kawasaki didn't really stick to a strict color matching pattern. As an example, there are many red bikes that came with black lower fairings, & many that came with silver.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Personally I think the red spring would look sweet with a black bike. The colors go well together. If you still want a different color maybe somebody on this forum would be willing to swap one of their springs with you.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgun View Post
I am only uncomfortable with repainting a the existing spring, not the removal process.
Use a can of spray paint.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 AM

Did those bikes come out with black lower fairings or dod people like me paint them?

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM

They candy plasma blue came with black ones. The green came with silver. Luckily for me I was able to swap mine out with a guy who just bought a blue one when I bought mine. We are both happy with the now matching lower. I bet you could paint them though. The silver ones are painted from the factory.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
They candy plasma blue came with black ones. .
my candy plasma blue came w/silver..seems the spring color is random, too.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
Did those bikes come out with black lower fairings or dod people like me paint them?
My red Versys came with black lower fairings and a red spring.

Good luck with that second bike, hope it doesn't necessitate a second wife...

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 AM

Do green springs exist...from the factory......?

and how durable would painting the spring be?

How about having it powder coated, and if so...can powder coating be done in any ( read- kawasaki green) color????

and for the record....." I LOVE MY VERSYS....SEAT AND ALL !!!!

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode