Anybody Have a Seat Concepts Seat Cover? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anybody Have a Seat Concepts Seat Cover?

This Versys seat is giving me fits. It's OK for < 100 mile days, as long as I use the Airhawk seat cushion. THAT helps, but after a couple days, I gotta stay off the bike for a week. COULD be that I'm just a big sissy. I have a Corbin on the FJR. OEM seat on a couple of other bikes and those work fine. Maybe this bike just doesn't fit me.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, - so..... I ran across this option. A do-it-yourself seat cover with a different profile.

Does anyone have one of these? Are they any better? Any other options?

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products...roduct=8826177

Last edited by kballowe; 05-19-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 10:15 AM

Got one but had them put it on
Fits my butt just much better that stock
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I went through 7 seats on the Versys and the last one i bought was a Seat Concepts that a forum member sold here when he traded his Versys in. I didn't expect much of the seat because it was the cheapest option in purchasing seats. But i was really surprised how good it was. Got rid of the forward lean better than the rest of the seats i went through and it was very comfortable.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have one, I purchased it from member. I will say for me it was big improvement over stock. I have not tried any other brands yet thou. The seat offers a wider profile in the rear, the seat is cupped a little to support your rear end. The front of the seat has foam added to keep you from sliding forward in to the tank and having your private parts smashed.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Whelp, I guess I'll go and order one.

Thanks.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM

I don't know what it is about the seat design, but I side with those who's butt hurts after too much time in the V's saddle. Heading to CO first week in June and bought a REI $20.00 blow up seat & 2 straps to fasten it to the saddle hoping to make the trip tolerable. I'll be following this discussion to get other reviews. Ready to pull the trigger on a better seat myself. Hey Joe, do you know what density your seat had? I looked at KBALLOWS link and it looks like it is offered in standard, as well as softer & firmer densities. Just wondering.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VERSYS WITH SEAT CUSHION.jpg (54.7 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by RRKVERSYS; 05-21-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: ADDED PIC OF TEMP SEAT CUSHION
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRKVERSYS View Post
I don't know what it is about the seat design, but I side with those who's butt hurts after too much time in the V's saddle. Heading to CO first week in June and bought a REI $20.00 blow up seat & 2 straps to fasten it to the saddle hoping to make the trip tolerable. I'll be following this discussion to get other reviews. Ready to pull the trigger on a better seat myself. Hey Joe, do you know what density your seat had? I looked at KBALLOWS link and it looks like it is offered in standard, as well as softer & firmer densities. Just wondering.....
Not sure what it was. Got it for $160.00 shipped so at that price i'll roll the dice..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 AM

I'm very happy with my Seat Concepts seat. Because of my weight, I ordered it with the firm foam. Very comfortable all day long. I installed it myself, it would have been a little easier if I'd had someone else helping me.

Paul Streeter
Minnesota
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 PM

I just got a Seat Concepts seat and installed it last night. I rode to work today (25 mi) and I think it's going to work much better for me than the stock seat. I'm leaving for CA on Saturday so I'll find out how good it is soon enough.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

- - - update - - -

OK, so I ordered the standard seat cover/foam. Installation was a head-scratcher. Had to heat the cover and use a spot of 3M 77 adhesive in a couple of spots to get the cover to lay right.

Translation: I have no upholstery talent, whatsoever.

It certainly is better than the factory seat - but I'm a bit height-challenged and it raised me up a fuzz. In hindsight, I should have ordered the lower version. Haven't had it out for more than a 150 mile run just yet but (so far) I'm happy with it, especially compared to the OEM seat.

Yes, I have installed the lowering link and dropped the front an inch already.

Not bad, though, because this is a light bike.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 02:23 PM

The seat does seem a bit taller and moved me a bit further back. Not really a problem for me.

I ordered the carbon fiber pattern and the seat cover seems a little slippery.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:48 AM

Home made custom

I bought a used seat and did the work myself. Wood rasp and electric knife. Finally got a feel that I liked, and had an local guy staple a Luimoto cover on it for me. Now it's perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Versys 8 049.jpg (87.7 KB, 92 views)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Update

update -

Rode around a bunch of two lane roads over the weekend and managed 300 miles.

A Gold Wing seat it ain't, but considering the amount of seating area for my fat a$$, I'm gonna say that it's quite comfortable.

It's taller. I was flat-footed with the lowering kit and now I'm half-way between flat-footed and tippy toes with the new seat - but the bike is fairly light so that doesn't present a problem.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 05:52 PM

I think the Seat Concepts kit are the Bee's Knees. I have one on the Versys in +1 foam, I like seats hard, And just sold the Sargent Saddle off my KLR and am ordering a Seat Concepts kit for it as well. IT's not about bragging to me it's about being a member of "The Happy Bottom Riding Club"!

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Garage
Sounds like a good option. I'm a bit confused in what you get. Is it a seat cover or a seat cover and some foam ?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieglitter View Post
Sounds like a good option. I'm a bit confused in what you get. Is it a seat cover or a seat cover and some foam ?
You get a replacement cover to fit the new molded foam seat the kit comes with. You use your seat base and staple the new foam/cover to it. That's why it cost less. Or you can ship it to them and they will do the job for a fee.

2012 650 Versys
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:15 PM

Garage
Now I understand.
I recently had my seat professionally reshaped & fitted with a leather cover. I'm still not convinced that it's much better. I'm not enjoying sliding around on the leather seat. I'm hoping that is will settle down. If not then I’ll be ordering one of these.
Can anyone recommend the foam option for me? I’m 6’3 and 100kg in full riding gear. Also what covers are people going with? I don't want to be sliding around.
Cheers
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieglitter View Post
Can anyone recommend the foam option for me? Iím 6í3 and 100kg in full riding gear.
I'd write/call Seat Concepts myself if I were you. They are straight shooters and will do their best to guide you to what you need/want in the way of fit and firmness.

http://seatconcepts.com/

2012 650 Versys
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:29 PM

Garage
Good idea & done just now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode