Arcerbis Dual Road - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arcerbis Dual Road

Hi Folks,

Just installed the Acerbis Dual Road handguards. Looks awesome, fits very well, installed in a second.
Not cheap (in Europe Euro 89,95), rather small.
I have to check these handguards while riding. I have to check how it feels not having the weights at the bar end.
I will only use these to prevent my hands falling of in cold winter weather.
Completely free of touching the screen (i have the dark Kawasaki optional screen with flip up )when you have maximum steering.
When nice weather i will post some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 10:56 PM

nice, just installed my new Barkbusters...really easy to install. I still have yet to test drive because I'm waiting for my new Arrow Exhaust to come in. Throw some pics up when you got the chance.

JM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 07:41 AM

I have had the Dual Roads for about six months and other than being a little small for wind protection I really like them. They do break the wind in cold weather and rain, but you will still need a good windproof pair of gloves. I have been down twice with them on (slow speed) and they did a good job of helping to protect the rest of the bike. I wish they offered amber LEDs for them, but I have the LEDs hooked up to my turn signals. I am thinking about making them running lights (worthless during the day anyway). Mine contact my Givi screen in a full lock, but they are so flexible at the end that it doesn't cause a problem even when locking the bars. They also seem to compensate for the bar-end weights pretty well. I didn't notice any real difference one way or the other.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Acerbis Dual road

Today i have been driving with the handguards. Very nice. Temperature 9 degrees celcius and a lot of wind. I have been riding for 45 minutes on the highway with my summergloves. Cold hands but acceptable. No noticable difference in shaking without the bar end weights but i have noticed that my Z1000 mirrors shook less. For the detail junkies like me; i have painted the remaining bar end, after removing the weights, black with auto (spot)paint. And of course at full lock the guards did not touch the Vario screen. It looks like if the handguards are specially built for the Kawa with varioscreen.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Acerbis dual raod some photos

some photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4804.JPG (916.9 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4807.JPG (755.1 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4808.JPG (724.4 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by UFMRDR; 10-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 09:26 PM

look great, man! they go really well with the flow of the V.

JM
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Got them and the high windshield (like the vario one but without the lip) as well. All I need now is a a pair of Z mirrors and I'll have the perfect front look.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM

Garage
Thanks for the report! I've been thinking about getting these and wondered what they looked like my the V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode