Accesories sor far - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
FJS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Accesories sor far

Hi all,

So far I have been able and ordered the following items; Top Case rack for Givi Monolock cases, Givi front screen and front fender extender. These you can find at www.amotostuff.com

Another place that you can find some gooddies is Twisted Throttle, they have frame sliders, frame (engine) guards and more (not much yet as bike is too new to US market).

Hope this helps you all out a bit.

Cheers

Frank

Last edited by FJS; 03-26-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Here are quite a few items available in the US.

http://www.cameroncole.com/versys.htm
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
FJS

Arrow Awsome

Thanks Cameron, I think your page and effort is the most extensive and awsome that I have seen on a forum. The time and effort and not to mention unselfishness to share such information with us is sooo refreshing.

100 pts., will let other comrades in forum know, thanks again!

Frank

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Glad to help out. Much of the links and such I learned from fellow posters across a number of forums. I am still gathering a full set of info at least for my bike. I will try to expand the offerings as more become available.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to goobiwan
Well done Cameron. Great links for the included pics. Great stuff, and very helpful.

2007 Black Versys
Goobiwan
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM

Deer Avoidance System

Thank you for a fantastic collection of ideas and links, Cameron!!!

I noticed that you are wondering about the effectivness of the "deer avoidance system." The setup you have linked to seems like it would be effective if you are trying to make sure that deer get a bit of warning that you're on the way when they are just ambling across the road, stopping on the tarmac to check for straggling fawns, etc., in an area where there's not usually very much human/vehicle traffic. The "sonic echo," in that situation, might be unusual enough to catch their attention and spook them back into cover. But it could also make them freeze . . . or bolt across the road to reach a thicket . . . or, if you're in an area of relatively heavy traffic, they might just ignore it.

Since I live in white tail deer heaven - the Shawnee National Forest - I'm always on the lookout for 'em and I know better than to rip around a blind corner or crest a hill hard on the throttle, especially around dawn and dusk when they are apt to be on the move. However, the time when they are really unpredictable is during the autumn rut. In the heat of high hormones, does will flee bucks - and bucks will pursue - straight across a crowded Interstate where 18-wheelers and everybody else are laying on their horns and creating a deafening. But the deer aren't fazed by it, not even a little bit!

As far as I'm concerned, the only really effective "Deer Avoidance System" is a combination of good eyesight, a basic understanding of deer behavior and their usual daily and annual cycles, and a whole heap of common sense and throttle restraint when you are cruising through areas where deer are likely to roam. Around a local university campus here in southern Illinois, the deer are so used to human (and vehicle) presence that I've been able to throttle down, glide to stop, shut off my bike, dismount slowly and with a minimum of thrashing around, and take four or five steps . . . to find myself within 5-6 feet of deer grazing on the roadside or crossing it to get at the forage on the other side! Deer love to feed in "margins" - the open areas along a tree line - where they can find succulent treats and can make a quick dash back into the protective cover of the forest. Watch out for them . . . and take it for granted that they may be in the habit of ignoring stuff that humans think that deer will avoid!

Peace,
Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Y'all come and enjoy some Shawnee Forest Squirrel Stew with us!"
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 PM
joe

Happy Trails in the US(Idaho) also has a few acessories for these bikes
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 AM

Cameron...i noticed you didn't use the screws provided for the fender extenders. Did you just use the 2 sided tape or another way of securing it?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM

I used the tape, but I also used Gorilla glue. I like it because it is very strong, expands to fill gaps, pretty much weather proof and after it expands and dries you can cut away any excess easily. You could also use marine grade epoxy which is even tougher but I think the gorilla glue is more than enough personally.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 11:39 PM

I just installed my fenda extenda tonight. I can't remember where I read it, but someone posted instructions on how to attach it without screws or bolts using PVC glue.

That's what I did...used the PVC glue primer to prime the underside of the fender and the fenda extenda, placed a good amount of glue on both (keeping about a quarter inch away from all edges to prevent over-glue issues), stuck it together and clamped it for a half hour. A couple of hours later, it feels nice and stuck! No unsightly screwheads!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode