Moving my rear turn signals - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Moving my rear turn signals

I read a couple threads on here about moving the rear blinkers so they don't hit my soft bags and figured I'd give it a shot! So this is a little combination of what I did today and if it helps anyone else that wants to try it, great!

Coming apart wasn't hard at all, one screw and a small bracket. The wiring under the seat came unplugged with a little bit of encouragement.

I cut a stencil out of a post card and used an expo marker to trace it so I could wipe it off after.

No dremel tool available so i used a little drill bit in a cordless drill. I found that the handle of a ratchet worked better than sand paper to sand down the rough edges.

I did have to extend the wiring for the left hand side about 3 inches. The right side was longer and I ran it up under the seat on the near side so it reached.
(forgot to take a picture of that)

The first side took an hour or more, but the second side only took about 15 minutes since I figured out what I was doing and didn't have to mess with the wiring.
While I was messing around back there I decided to trim the fender with a coping saw just above the bottom of the license plate so it didn't look so stupid!
Mission accomplished! Now I can see my turn signals! And more importantly, so can everyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2990.jpg (31.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2996.jpg (30.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2998.jpg (36.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3006.jpg (34.8 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3007.jpg (47.7 KB, 136 views)

Luck favors the prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
KLR 650 Signals are shorter. No cutting necessary.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Didn't know that!
This was pretty much free though because I just used what I had laying around. I don't have a set of those laying around...

Luck favors the prepared.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
Didn't know that!
This was pretty much free though because I just used what I had laying around. I don't have a set of those laying around...
Some have cut the stock signals down.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode