Motowerks Flatfoot? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Motowerks Flatfoot?

I just got mine from a member here. It's in great shape but it DOES NOT FIT!! The bottom flat of my kickstand is quite a bit bigger than the cut out in the flatfoot.... There is NO WAY this is going to work. Are there different sizes or what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Nope.

Twist and rotate top plate over the stand.

Pic would be nice of what your problem really is.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
There are 2. See the link:
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html

One is for a lowered bike where you've cut the end and some length off the kickstand. That MAY be the one you have there, as the "footless" modified stand would just slide in.

The Standard Flatfoot is designed to bolt on to your stock stand to get the bigger foot print.

Always trust your cape.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 04:14 PM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
Nope.

Twist and rotate top plate over the stand.

Pic would be nice of what your problem really is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
There are 2. See the link:

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html

One is for a lowered bike where you've cut the end and some length off the kickstand. That MAY be the one you have there, as the "footless" modified stand would just slide in.

The Standard Flatfoot is designed to bolt on to your stock stand to get the bigger foot print.
I was on my way to work and figured I could throw it on real quick before I left so I will have to get pictures tomorrow.
My bike is BRAND NEW and NOT lowered and as far as I can see has an OEM un cut kickstand. The bike is a California model as it has the "bulge" under the tank on the left side for the charcoal canister. But other than that....?
I am FULLY AWARE of what my problem "REALLY IS" I have the instructions and know what SHOULD happen but there is NO WAY I can slip the top plate over the flat of my kickstand. No matter how I twist it.
As I said in my OP the foot of the kickstand is quite a bit BIGGER in diameter than the cutout in the bottom of the Flatfoot. So even IF I was able to magically get the top plate over the kickstand just WILL NOT fit into the bottom plate cutout.

There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 04:15 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Motowerks Flatfoot?

I know about the 2 types of flatfoot. The fact that your bike is new and you did not say You chop the bottom off- I gathered you had normal flat foot.

When I got my normal flat foot, I thought the same thing "how do I get the top cover on over the stand".

From memory it goes on pointing backwards and you have to kind of twist it around and over the wide part of the stand. It is kind of like a Chinese puzzle toy. The whole in the flatfoot top part is like a heart shape and the wide part of the foot passes through one side of the wide part of the heart.

I hope this sort of explains it.

---
I prefer to use Tapatalk for mobile - I can't stand all these dating ads!!!

Last edited by Gigitt; 03-23-2014 at 12:53 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I know about the 2 types of flatfoot. The fact that your bike is new and you did not say You chop the bottom off- I gathered you had normal flat foot.

When I got my normal flat foot, I thought the same thing "how do I get the top cover on over the stand".

From memory it goes on pointing backwards and you have to kind of twist it around and over the wide part of the stand. It is kind of like a Chinese puzzle toy. The whole in the flatfoot top part is like a heart shape and the wide part of the foot passes through one side of the wide part of the heart.

I hope this sort of explains it.

---
I prefer to use Tapatalk for mobile - I can't stand all these dating ads!!!
Yup, your explanation is spot on There is just no way, with twisting or anything else for that matter, this will fit with the kickstand I have. I will take some detailed pictures tomorrow.

2011 ADVersys

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Pictures as promised:
It LOOKS like everything is right:

Then you go and size things up:

Looks normal:

Not Quite the same size?

There is NO WAY that is slipping over the foot!

Not even close:

SO WHO wants to take a stab at it NOW?

2011 ADVersys

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 AM

I have one too--im wondering if they sent you one that was made for another bike. maybe put it in packaging that says versys by mistake. that kind of thing is bound to happen once in awhile----your kickstand looks just like mine---I cant get the measurements that you really need. the bottom piece is 2and5/8 (widest point) x 3and1/2

Last edited by dspark52; 03-23-2014 at 10:57 AM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspark52 View Post
I have one too--im wondering if they sent you one that was made for another bike. maybe put it in packaging that says versys by mistake. that kind of thing is bound to happen once in awhile----your kickstand looks just like mine---
This would be my guess as well. Speedy makes them for different bikes. In my case, I put on a kickstand from a ninja 650 instead of cutting mine. When I buy a flatfoot, I'll have to buy the one for the ninja....
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Oh lordy...
I see I see...
Your right, She's not going to fit.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Oh lordy...
I see I see...
Your right, She's not going to fit.
THANK YOU! I'm NOT a blithering idiot.......
This is the packaging:

2011 ADVersys

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Speedy are you out there?

2011 ADVersys

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
but yours is the 10-13 model ?
Maybe the Versys Mk2 lost a bit of girth in the Kick Stand pad?

EDIT: Just had a look at Speedy's store:https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html

Have a look at the Standard Flat foot Pics... there looks to be 2 version, a narrow with a "V" stamp and a wide with a "X" in a "V" stamp on the top plate.

You have what looks like the Narrow "V" version.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 PM

Wait. That says it's for an 07-09. Your 'avatar' pic is of a 2011. Did they change the kickstand foot in 2010+ revision perhaps?

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Wait. That says it's for an 07-09. Your 'avatar' pic is of a 2011. Did they change the kickstand foot in 2010+ revision perhaps?
There is no listing for a specific Mk2 or 10 and newer Versys on Motowerks website. You can select the year of your bike but it never changes the part number of the flatfoot, so.......The plot thickens

2011 ADVersys

Last edited by AlaskaJeff; 03-23-2014 at 07:48 PM.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Isn't your V a 2011? That may the problem... The Flatfoot you have looks like its for a 2007-09... and on the Speedy site there are different ordering options for the following:

07-09

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

Last edited by genehil; 03-23-2014 at 07:48 PM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Tonight I'll have a look at my packaging and flatfoot to see if the marking are different.
I'll try and get some top plate hole measurements
(don't really want to undo the screws to measure the stand foot size and bottom plate recess)
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Isn't your V a 2011? That may the problem... The Flatfoot you have looks like its for a 2007-09... and on the Speedy site there are different ordering options for the following:

07-09
So using the above as logic for sizing, EACH year after 07-09; 10, 11, 12, 13 ,14 are different from each other? I don't really think so. Why wouldn't they be listed as Mk1 or Mk2 OR 07-09 and 10-14? I am not getting it.

2011 ADVersys

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

EDIT: Just had a look at Speedy's store: https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html

Have a look at the Standard Flat foot Pics... there looks to be 2 version, a narrow with a "V" stamp and a wide with a "X" in a "V" stamp on the top plate.

You have what looks like the Narrow "V" version.
I believe you are on to something Gigitt I too see the difference!

SO does anyone need a NEW unused Flatfoot for an 07-09 model...

2011 ADVersys

Last edited by onewizard; 10-01-2018 at 04:17 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sorry to say but I think you have a Mk1 <09 Versys Flat foot.
That means the Side Stand Oval Base plate is larger on the Mk2 >2010 model Versys.

My Flat foot for 2012 model came labelled:
Standard Flatfoot
P/N KV-FF-STD-10-13
Kawasaki Versys 2010-13

Also I have 'X' inside 'V' stamped on top plate and the width of hole is about 32mm wide at the camel toe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode