Finally done... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally done...

Please consider this my official "howdy" to the rest of the forum. I bought an '08 Versys in late July and took some time to have it painted and farkled. Finally, here are the pics. Thanks to many of you, I was able to check out what I wanted to do and get a lot of it done. The color is "Ford 1965 Guardsman Blue." I remembered seeing a Shelby Cobra painted that color in my teens, and I'm happy about how it came out. I painted the plastic parts with Fusion, added a Corbin and some Buell footpegs to accommodate my legs (6'2"), a Skidmarx hugger, and a few other odds and ends. I have some SW-Motech side racks and GIVI e41s that will go on this weekend. At work today, another employee (rider) asked me, "When did you pick up the Beemer?" Love the bike!! Thanks to all. If you're ever near the Gulf Coast (southeast of Houston), let me know and we can ride some flat miles together.
IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Looks great!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Ditto!!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 AM

Nicely done. Good color choices. Love that Corbin, and those Buell pegs look good.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Very nice. The paint looks excellent.

"No man shal be debarred the use of arms" "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to brokenhat
Like the paint a lot, I think the V needs side bags to look its best though, they even it out IMHO. Mine never come off.

Matt
2012 Versys, Vario ws, Barkbuster Storms, lowering blocks, flatfoot, Zumo GPS, Givi soft side bags, Axio tail bag, Wolfman Express tank bag
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 PM

That is very tastefully done. Have any more mods in mind after the bags?

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Future mods might be a brighter headlight bulb, 43T sprocket on the back whenever that maintenance comes around, and a GPS on the dash. I'm using an Axio bag on the tail right now also. Thanks for the kind words. I got two more "BMW" comments today.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Why the BMW sticke? Image? Is the Versys embarrasing to you?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 AM

It is not a BMW sticker, look closer...
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 AM

Looks great dude. SE of Houston. Where exactly? I'm in Victoria TX. Only one other V rider here. Red one. Don't see it much though. Mostly under the cover in front of his house. I have a 09 blue. Did 601 miles last week. Victoria to Waco. Waco to Comfort via hwys 84-590-281-290 through Frederickburg. Did some turfing miles too. Took the V to my deer lease off of hwy 87. Little nervous didn't want to break my transpo. back home. Fun though. Anyway nice job on the V givies me some ideas.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

I'm located near Friendswood, a community halfway between Houston and Galveston, a few miles west of I-45. There's another "red" in town, but I've only seen him when in my car. I'm sure we'll run into each other soon enough, because it's not a real big city.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 PM

Cool Ride!!! Great job!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versyraider View Post
I'm located near Friendswood, a community halfway between Houston and Galveston, a few miles west of I-45. There's another "red" in town, but I've only seen him when in my car. I'm sure we'll run into each other soon enough, because it's not a real big city.
If it had a Givi box with lights added stuck on the back it was probably me Howdy
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versyraider View Post
Please consider this my official "howdy" to the rest of the forum. I bought an '08 Versys in late July and took some time to have it painted and farkled. Finally, here are the pics. Thanks to many of you, I was able to check out what I wanted to do and get a lot of it done. The color is "Ford 1965 Guardsman Blue." I remembered seeing a Shelby Cobra painted that color in my teens, and I'm happy about how it came out. I painted the plastic parts with Fusion, added a Corbin and some Buell footpegs to accommodate my legs (6'2"), a Skidmarx hugger, and a few other odds and ends. I have some SW-Motech side racks and GIVI e41s that will go on this weekend. At work today, another employee (rider) asked me, "When did you pick up the Beemer?" Love the bike!! Thanks to all. If you're ever near the Gulf Coast (southeast of Houston), let me know and we can ride some flat miles together.
Attachment 4178

Attachment 4179

Attachment 4180

Attachment 4181

Attachment 4182
Great job - u did good
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM

Excellent work! It looks great!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:49 AM

Looks great but I have one question - did you take the shock off the bike to paint the spring or how do you paint that and get it to look good? That has been my one hold up to paint my red V.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

I took the shock/spring off and had my local dealer get the spring off safely. Then I had it powder coated for $35.00. Had that done first, and then chose the paint color... it's not a match, but it still looks okay to my eye.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM

Very nice looking bike. I'm hoping to get a versys in the very near future and I live just south of friendswood in dickinson.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Cool Versyraider. How did you all do with Ike? If you ever head this way shoot me a heads up maybe I can show you around booming Victoria. Haa! It's better to ride through or away from here. Again nice job on the V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode