Review FirstGear Manzo Tankbag - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Review FirstGear Manzo Tankbag

Well, after much research and deliberation, I finally picked up my tankbag. I was very hesitant about purchasing a bag without trying it on, due to the plastic fairings surrounding our gas tanks, but I picked a real winner. The FirstGear tankbag fits beautifully and has the luxury of having both magnets and suction mounts to swap between.

The bag cost me right at $105, which wasn't bad due to the size and excellent build quality. I have tried a number of different positions arranging the bag on the tank, and the best fit came with using the 2 rear magnets at the metal/plastic joint of the tank and flipping the front 2 magnets underneath the tank bag and latching them to the bung. There is also a front strap I latched around the tree and tightened. All in all, she ain't going anywhere.

The absolute best part of the bag is being able to unzip the main portion, leaving the smaller section still latched to the tank. Very freaking cool feature and really easy to get off and on.

I have yet to take her out on the street, but I have no doubt that she'll do just fine. I'll keep this thread updated once I have a road test.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

After taking her for a ride around town with speeds up to 55mph, I can safely say the tank bag ain't going anywhere. It was solid as a rock and unwavering against windblast. For its first trip out, we went to Lowe's to pick up some hardware for some shelves I am assembling for my collection of DVD's.

The ability to unzip the main bag from the lower portion is by far the coolest feature of this tankbag.

I'll write back when I've taken it on a longer expedition at highway speeds.

JM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Well, it survives wheelies and speeds up to 90mph.

JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode