Wire Wheels, Yoshimura Exhaust, Shinko A/V Tires, Vario Windshield Pics - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wire Wheels, Yoshimura Exhaust, Shinko A/V Tires, Vario Windshield Pics

Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

Vario Windshield

http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-203WSC-9015-Tall-Windshield/dp/B007A18LRQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393639620&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=versys+windshield+macro

Frame Sliders

Yoshimura Exhaust

The Stable. Good look at the Shinkos' Any idea what the small bike on the left is? Also is a 1976 KZ400 that is mint....at least to me

A few mods here. Riser brace for fender, carbon fender extender, axle sliders and SS brake lines.

Also have carbon hugger on rear.

http://www.semresource-demo-linux.com/imgs/IMAG0252.jpg

Only last mod is 1.5" extension on kickstand. Woody's will do that for you also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Nice Bikes....Would love to have a truck load of that pine straw.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Nice Bikes....Would love to have a truck load of that pine straw.
Funny how things are appreciating in different areas. That's the main reason people don't want sand pines in their yards down here (Florida). Well that, and their the first tree to come down with the hurricanes. Those needles make a mess.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Nice!

Love my various windscreen. There is a noticeable difference between up and down regarding wind protection.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Oh, right the bikes. I downright hate spokes. And have already used a plug kit on my Versys with the solid rims. That being said though, they look awesome! You really pulled it off. In fact, they look so good with those tires, it kinda makes me rethink my stance on spokes.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
Funny how things are appreciating in different areas. That's the main reason people don't want sand pines in their yards down here (Florida). Well that, and their the first tree to come down with the hurricanes. Those needles make a mess.
Use to live in SC. In Moncks Corner I had over 200 pine trees on 2.5 acres. ( Until Hurricane Hugo I lost 99 pine trees in that storm) The pine straw is the best stuff to use around plants looks good and keeps the grass and weeds out of the flower beds. Every spring i was having about $200.00 worth of pine straw shipped to cali .

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Use to live in SC. In Moncks Corner I had over 200 pine trees on 2.5 acres. ( Until Hurricane Hugo I lost 99 pine trees in that storm)
Man, just think of the pine bark nuggets that would have made with a rented chipper..........I feel we've digressed a little off topic.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
Oh, right the bikes. I downright hate spokes. And have already used a plug kit on my Versys with the solid rims. That being said though, they look awesome! You really pulled it off. In fact, they look so good with those tires, it kinda makes me rethink my stance on spokes.
Yep, we all have preferences. However, for off road the spoke rims do provide an advantage of more flex and 'picking' your way around ruts, rocks, etc. And, you seldom see a dented rim on a wire wheel/hub. Thanks for the comment on the 'package'.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacneil2008 View Post
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

Vario Windshield

http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-203WS...ndshield+macro

Frame Sliders

Yoshimura Exhaust

The Stable. Good look at the Shinkos' Any idea what the small bike on the left is? Also is a 1976 KZ400 that is mint....at least to me

A few mods here. Riser brace for fender, carbon fender extender, axle sliders and SS brake lines.

Also have carbon hugger on rear.

http://www.semresource-demo-linux.com/imgs/IMAG0252.jpg

Only last mod is 1.5" extension on kickstand. Woody's will do that for you also.

Nice front fork sliders on the last photo..What brand?

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Garage
If your going to put a top case on the bike. Make sure you get a good rack.

544583_10200358780186629_1405519864_n by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nice front fork sliders on the last photo..What brand?
Search eBay with "Front CNC Axle Fork Crash Sliders Cap Wheel Protector Kawasaki motorcycle" or "Kawasaki Versys Fork Sliders" and you will see them, only $40 but came from Hong Kong, like 4 weeks for delivery.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 AM

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Nice wheels. Wish I had the money for wire wheels
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Nice man! Can you feel a difference with the new break lines?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
How much for the wire wheels and where did you get them.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 10:52 PM

Hey bmacneil what size tires did you get? I am thinking about getting those, do they feel pretty good?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarshread View Post
Nice man! Can you feel a difference with the new break lines?
To be honest no. And if I did not need to change the front brake lines due to the lifting the front fender, I would leave stock. The look of the SS lines is not worth the $ or hassle.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith02 View Post
Hey bmacneil what size tires did you get? I am thinking about getting those, do they feel pretty good?
I went with 110/80-19, 150/70-17 Shinko 705's. It may prove I should have gone with a higher quality tire due to some of the reviews I have read, but so far they have been great. http://www.bikebandit.com/shinko-705-motorcycle-tire

I also considered the Metzler Tourance http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-t...otorcycle-tire

However, I really liked the Pirelli Dual Sport, but could not find the size I wanted.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...port-rear-tire
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM

705 Stinko's

Put a set on the 09 and handles so much better than stock ,I'll be gettin some more... Haven't had any wear problems as others have said... Raised fender and using stock brake lines.... Not racin so don't need SS lines.. Oh, where can I check on that rack you posted???? Adiós

"Put her in the wind and Ride it like you stole it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
shinko a/v tires, two bros, vario windshield, wire wheels, yoshimura exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode