Dat Ass - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dat Ass

Hey Guys!

I am looking for a tail tidy for my 09 Versys. A friend of mine with a ER6N had one but got rid of it as he said it fell apart so obviously there are quality issues. The cheap and cheerful route would be to take a hacksaw to what I have but it would be nice to get everyone's opinion on alternatives. So my question is, what do you have and how do you like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Hacksaw...

IMG_0065 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM

Ditto.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Hacksaw +1. Move the red reflector up and glue it on between the turn signals so you are still legal. (Sorry, picture's from an iPhone and crappy.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-12 15.19.18.jpg (47.8 KB, 105 views)

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
Hacksaw +1. Move the red reflector up and glue it on between the turn signals so you are still legal. (Sorry, picture's from an iPhone and crappy.)

Damn, Then I've been illegal since 2010. Used a big set of snips not a hacksaw.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Dremel.............

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Banned

That looks good!!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I bought the R&G tail tidy for my 2013. Since they're made overseas, I had to also get the US license plate adapter. Not sure it fits the first gen. I got it from twisted throttle. It's nicely made. Hindsight, I probably would just hacksaw the stock one, as I've done for my other bikes in the past with excellent results.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys! I love the big light bar across the back weljo2001. Nothing says stop like hundreds of bright as hell LED's.

I like the look of the R&G tail tidy for the 2010 and up but am not keen on the indicators on the one for mine. lets be honest here I'm doing this purely for aesthetic reasons.

I actually quite like the stock indicators on the 2010 and up Versys. The clear lenses and angular shape look much better. Does anyone know if these will bolt onto the earlier model? Comparing the parts on Partzilla.com, they don't seem to have any major discrepancies. I think they would give my vanity the desired effect while keeping my bike looking OEM.

I think I'll go get busy with a saw and see how it goes.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I am sure you can wire up the 2010 indicators. Snip, snip, solder, shrink wrap. Worst case scenario.

Hooligan
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarshread View Post

I like the look of the R&G tail tidy for the 2010 and up but am not keen on the indicators on the one for mine. lets be honest here I'm doing this purely for aesthetic reasons.
It doesn't allow for the use of stock indicators? Mine did. All I got was the tail-tidy. I used my stock turn signals. Is the one prior to '10 different?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the input guys! I love the big light bar across the back weljo2001. Nothing says stop like hundreds of bright as hell LED's.

I actually quite like the stock indicators on the 2010 and up Versys. The clear lenses and angular shape look much better. Does anyone know if these will bolt onto the earlier model? Comparing the parts on Partzilla.com, they don't seem to have any major discrepancies. I think they would give my vanity the desired effect while keeping my bike looking OEM.

I think I'll go get busy with a saw and see how it goes.

I just listed the light bar up for sale yesterday. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=50081

Some guys use KLR lights they are shorter than the Versys.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
It doesn't allow for the use of stock indicators? Mine did. All I got was the tail-tidy. I used my stock turn signals. Is the one prior to '10 different?
It will allow me to use my stock indicators but I am not keen on them. They are rounded and a bit duff looking compared to the 2010 model which are more angular. If you compare my pic to AlaskaJeff's you'll see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light.JPG (108.6 KB, 76 views)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM
MTS

Really deflects water!

No wonder they put a fender below.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
It will allow me to use my stock indicators but I am not keen on them. They are rounded and a bit duff looking compared to the 2010 model which are more angular. If you compare my pic to AlaskaJeff's you'll see what I mean.
Ah, gotcha! Yeah, the indicators on the newer models are nicer looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode