In search of Ideas - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
In search of Ideas

Greetings!

So i am looking for, what you would say, "Farkles". Mainly I am looking for recommendations on some get up gear. I already plan on getting some peg lowers. This is mostly going to be a commute bike, with the occasional, oops im "lost" rides.

Turn Signal Mirrors ( do i need extenders?)
Frame Sliders
Frame Protector
Blinking brake light

What else should a newbie get?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Heres my list you might see something you need...http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:56 PM

Grabon grips, Scottoiler, relay switched 12v socket, rear rack, speedbleeders, stainless steel brake line on front. tail tidy, Silverstar bulbs, 16T front sprocket

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Nice! Thanks, any order of importance?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 07:35 PM

Scottoiler and 16T, rest of the stuff minor improvement or just looks.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Reflective tape for the bike and your helmet. Hi-Viz jacket and/or vest for you. Maybe aux LED lighting in front. Commuting is tough out there.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 PM

Heated grips, 44T rear sprocket, 12V power outlet, and if you want better lighting, maybe a projector retrofit or aux LED lighting. For a flashing brake light, check out this: Universal Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher

2009 Versys - Daily Driven
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It depends on what type of riding you'll do. First on my list was hard Givi luggage, as I wanted to use the bike for commuting and overnight touring. The next added items I considered important: SW motech crash bars, MRA windscreen with the X-screen, a Cox radiator guard, and a Pyramid rear hugger.
I also lowered it with Speedy's link.
Other items I also did were the SW motech wider footpegs, steel brake lines and Vesrah pads (made a noticeable improvement), Passo brake/clutch levers, Denali lights.
Oh, and a Sargent seat!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 07:27 PM

Ride it for awhile and see what YOU want/need. Recommendations of things that work well for ME, might just be a waste of money for YOU.

FWIW. I bought my Versys as a foul weather rider/commuter. My farkles include:
A taller Givi windshield because I ride in the rain.
Barkbusters, because I ride in the rain, I'm amazed how dry they keep my hands.
Oxford heated grips, because I ride in the cold.
Swingarm spools, so I can put the bike on a swingarm stand for maintenance.
Seahorse boxes, mounted on SWMoto racks, so I can carry stuff to and from work. I've also done weekly grocery shopping on the bike. A bungee net makes it possible to carry a large pack of T.P..
SWMoto engine cages, to protect the engine plus provide a place for some higway pegs and possibly down the line some auxilary lighting.
Rear and side reflective tape to increase visibility.
Motocentric tank bag, convenient for gloves and the like while getting on and off the bike a lot.
Corbin seat, bought used, more comfortable, plus it stops me from sliding forward as much as I used to.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballislife View Post
Greetings!

So i am looking for, what you would say, "Farkles". Mainly I am looking for recommendations on some get up gear. I already plan on getting some peg lowers. This is mostly going to be a commute bike, with the occasional, oops im "lost" rides.

Turn Signal Mirrors ( do i need extenders?)
Frame Sliders
Frame Protector
Blinking brake light

What else should a newbie get?

Suggest engine bars rather than frame sliders as they do a much better job and protect the bike in a casual tip over as well. See video of crashed Versys on TwistedThrottle.com. I crashed my bike at 45 mph and they saved it by taking the beating instead of the bike. Frame sliders tend to localize the point of impact and force on the frame and can cause frame damage because of this while engine bars spread the force out to several different attachment points.

It all depends on the mirror model whether or not you will need extenders. I bought the no name Aprila like mirrors off of ebay and found they stick out enough you do not need extenders.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
From a newbie on a V, thank you very much from all of you experienced owners, expecially the safety items. As for Weljo2100's farkle list, it's going to take me a while to research it all. Thanks everyone!

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
MTS

Protect your bike first! Extenda fenda! Rear hugger bronze. Maybe crash bars or sliders?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM

The best addition to my bike has been..... THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of MILES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode