It's finally done! I started this retrofit a month or so ago with the reflector out of a cracked headlight I had laying around. Due to TRS fudging up my order twice (2 wrong harnesses, 2 wrong high beam splitters, 2 shrouds with defective chrome) with a winter storm in between, I had plenty of time to get everything the way I wanted. It started like this:
High beam splitter modified with H4 connector. I should note, I ended up using a standard H7 harness with the stock H7/H4 adapters.
I decided I wanted to paint the reflector bowl satin black for a clean look and less glare.
Satin black for the cutoff shield as well. Makes the projector look blacked-out with the light off.
GTI-R shroud modified for clearance and painted silver. I wanted it chrome, but on both shrouds they sent, it rubbed off just by touching it.
After trying it the way it was intended, I discovered the headlight lens hits the projector, no bueno. I had to get the dremel back out. It looks like rubbish, but it's actually more secure and looks better this way.