anyone has tried this awesomeness???? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
anyone has tried this awesomeness????

I would love to hear about someone who used this seat...it looks so comfortable that but just looking at it a feel relaxed for a two up riding....any feedback??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat.jpg (53.1 KB, 652 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Put some 6 inch risers on the handlebars and some highway pegs and you will be set. What some people will do to create a cruiser, when they could have just bought a cruiser.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had a Russell DayLong not with the love seat pillion section. It was extremely comfortable but it spreads your hips wider so if your having trouble touching the ground it will be worse with the seat. For long trips its worth every penny.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Banned

2 replies & 2 different views..........

I wouldn't use a V for 2 up "cruising", but a more comfortable single seat, utilizing the bitch/pillion/passenger space for luggage/tent/beer crate storage might work for me.

Esthetically I think it looks awful & ruins the sleek lines of the V.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Well, in my trip to Europe last summer, I had a tail bag to which I added small pillows and the set up was perfect for me....now that the Madam will be joining me for my next trip, I was thinking about a kind of backrest for me ...
Joseph, I'm 6'1" do no issues in standing my feet, if the backrest in comfy then I would give it a try

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I didn't have a backrest on mine but i'm sure it works well.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purificator View Post
Well, in my trip to Europe last summer, I had a tail bag to which I added small pillows and the set up was perfect for me....now that the Madam will be joining me for my next trip, I was thinking about a kind of backrest for me ...
Joseph, I'm 6'1" do no issues in standing my feet, if the backrest in comfy then I would give it a try

Not sure how your back will be in the backrest with the stock handlebars unless you are curving your back which is bad posture for riding. Make sure the backrest doesn't bother your passenger and that it folds forward so if you go down you wife doesn't get trapped by it.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Put some 6 inch risers on the handlebars and some highway pegs and you will be set. What some people will do to create a cruiser, when they could have just bought a cruiser.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

I am not a category guy and I don't follow each bikes category as such...I try to do all what I need on the only bike I have and I can't afford the luxury to buy a bike for each riding style....my V gave me the best I wanted and the only remaining part for me is a cruise like seat which I am working on now....

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 02:46 PM

i've been riding with a backride most of the time with my group, each lasting 4-6hr one-way ride. i cannot recommend the backrest for the driver, during long rides, you will sometimes want to move your body forward or backwards to battle strain and fatigue.

the passsenger backrest is nice though, my partner really loves it when she uses my oxford back to be her backrest compared to not having any backrest at all.

Quote:
ad astra per aspera
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Had a Russell seat on my ST1300 and loved it. Taller than stock is a downside. No, they don't look good, but you can't see it when your sitting on it and if your that worried about looks perhaps you need to switch brands/bikes.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I've done plenty of long rides in comfort with my stock seat but my posterior is probably within the design dimensions of the stock seat. I've heard people say the stock seat is miserable too, guess it comes down to the size and shape of a particular rider's posterior and what works for them.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 PM
MTS

Life is short! Go for the comfort and enjoy your ride!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post

Haha...I love that. Too right...who cares what others think, if it suits you then do it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I'll second that!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Only one person has to be happy with your ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode