LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finished My Wind Screen Project

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Looks nice!

Question for you: Your excellent front-on photo of your bike showed me something I'd not noticed before - the areas on each side of the upper headlight bucket. Are those amber bulbs in there? And if so, do they flash in conjunction with the stalk-mounted turn signals, or are the running lights which are on all the time?

Thanks for your input!
Don

"Living the Dream... One Day at a Time"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:44 PM

Graham,
That sure looks a lot better than it did when you picked it up!!! What amber bulbs did you put in there?
Thanks,

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

They are just amber 194s. I intend to tie them in with the turn signals, I just have not had the time yet. I'll do it when I paint the side and radiator covers.

Graham

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Might have to do the amber thing. My Avalanche has amber running lights, so can be matched!!!

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:47 AM

If you use the Kisan self canceling turn signal...they have an option of using the turn signals as running lights. There is two diff settings for the brightness of the running lights. I picked the lowest dimness so there is the biggest diff between the running and turn signals. Looks cool and definitely makes you more visible. I'm assuming you could also tie in the city lights to them.

BTW..Hooligan are those the mirror wideners off E-bay?
http://www.kisantech.com/

Last edited by StonedGP; 06-16-2008 at 06:50 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
If you use the Kisan self canceling turn signal...they have an option of using the turn signals as running lights. There is two diff settings for the brightness of the running lights. I picked the lowest dimness so there is the biggest diff between the running and turn signals. Looks cool and definitely makes you more visible. I'm assuming you could also tie in the city lights to them.

Thanks for the info...that sounds like the way to go! The mirror extenders were on the bike when I got it, sorry I don't know where they came from.

Graham

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Did you paint the windscreen? This bike looks great with black accents! Oh & the marker lights looks great as well!

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM

screen

hey hooligan.....did u use tint film on the windscreen?. I tried to use it on mine but couldn't get out the air bubbles, finally gave up after an hour ..
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Did you paint the windscreen? This bike looks great with black accents! Oh & the marker lights looks great as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave58 View Post
hey hooligan.....did u use tint film on the windscreen?. I tried to use it on mine but couldn't get out the air bubbles, finally gave up after an hour ..
I used a satin black spray paint formulated for plastics. A little tip I got from Bad-Tat. It really works well. Its Fusion by Krylon. I'll be painting the side covers and radiator shroud soon.

Graham

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM

Glad that paint worked well Graham! Looks great!

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
They are just amber 194s. I intend to tie them in with the turn signals, I just have not had the time yet. I'll do it when I paint the side and radiator covers.
Hooligan, you inspired me.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoelsch View Post
Hooligan, you inspired me.

Looks good!!

Graham

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:

StonedGP

Which Kisan self canceling unit works with the Versys? If you could pass on the part number it would be a big help!

Thanks Wngrr
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 AM

The Kisan part # is SM-3 for the cancelers. Another very smart addition is the tail light modulator (100hd). I have went on and on about how everyone should have this safety item in another thread, so I won't bore you. Both are very easy to install. Sure is nice having self cancelers now. I originally had them set on the 20 sec. setting. I recently changed to the 30 sec. I found they had turned off while sitting at a light. Now it's just right.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
The Kisan part # is SM-3 for the cancelers. Another very smart addition is the tail light modulator (100hd). I have went on and on about how everyone should have this safety item in another thread, so I won't bore you. Both are very easy to install. Sure is nice having self cancelers now. I originally had them set on the 20 sec. setting. I recently changed to the 30 sec. I found they had turned off while sitting at a light. Now it's just right.

Thank you for the information on the part number. I agree with you about using some kind of flasher in back. I tend to go a different route and use seperate LEDS for this purpose. Thanks again.

Mods so far:
Givi bags
Hugger
Battery Monitor
Powerlet Plug for Midland 75-822
Aux. fuse block
Garmin Zumo
Items in the mail:
Symtec Heated Grips
Givi Shield
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards
Rear lift Spools
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
.... I recently changed to the 30 sec. I found they had turned off while sitting at a light. Now it's just right.
I think there is an option to add a trigger from the break light that suspends the timer while the break is on. That would solve that problem.

Graham

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM

What did you put around the edges of the screen to keep the paint off? I am assuming some tape but still curious. Can you use the fusion gloss paint for the remainder of the bike (the tank, front fender, and under the seat)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode