Adcock flat seat... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Adcock flat seat...

When weljo posted that he was getting an FJR I asked him about his "flat Adcock" seat. He offered it to me at a good price, so I sent him a check, and I got it a few days ago.

Must've taken me ALL of 15 minutes to get it mounted up (had to remove the shims that raise the front of the OEM seat by 9/16"), then went for an 80 miler yesterday.

Comments...? Feels good, lots of room to change positions on (I'm a "bit" smaller than Joe is...), feels a little slippery at first. It'll take a few more miles to really get a "handle" on, but it's planned for the GREEN HORNET and the long rides I do on THAT V, once I test it out on BIG RED.

Thanks Joe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02386.jpg (78.1 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02388.jpg (95.4 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02389.jpg (66.2 KB, 207 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
It was a little slick because i put some leather conditioner on it when i took it off the bike. Ride around wearing some jeans for awhile and that should take care of it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder how many of those seats Terry has sold. I should get a commission.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I picked up an Adcock from the forum. Love it. So much more comfortable than even my Seat Concepts.

I was a little concerned about being able to hop off and slide forward at lights, but so far it hasn't been an issue. I wish I had gotten one sooner.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
It was a little slick because i put some leather conditioner on it when i took it off the bike. Ride around wearing some jeans for awhile and that should take care of it.
Then you'll have slick butt jeans!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When weljo posted that he was getting an FJR I asked him about his "flat Adcock" seat. He offered it to me at a good price, so I sent him a check, and I got it a few days ago.

Must've taken me ALL of 15 minutes to get it mounted up (had to remove the shims that raise the front of the OEM seat by 9/16"), then went for an 80 miler yesterday.

Comments...? Feels good, lots of room to change positions on (I'm a "bit" smaller than Joe is...), feels a little slippery at first. It'll take a few more miles to really get a "handle" on, but it's planned for the GREEN HORNET and the long rides I do on THAT V, once I test it out on BIG RED.

Thanks Joe.

hey,if you decide you want to get rid of it, ill buy it from you, or if anyone else has one for sale I would take the flat or the other style--------dale=== maybe I can stick a "big" piece of memory foam inside the crotch of my pants. gotta do something . the back of that tank is hurting me in places I don't like to be hurt!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspark52 View Post
hey,if you decide you want to get rid of it, ill buy it from you, or if anyone else has one for sale I would take the flat or the other style--------dale=== maybe I can stick a "big" piece of memory foam inside the crotch of my pants. gotta do something . the back of that tank is hurting me in places I don't like to be hurt!
problem solved-----(j/k)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys seat 024.jpg (76.7 KB, 145 views)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
problem solved-----(j/k)
actually, I raised the front of the seat a little--temporary measure--but it helped a little---
Attached Images
File Type: jpg versys seat 027.jpg (60.9 KB, 120 views)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 PM

I'm not super enamored with my adcock bucket seat that I bought new in Nov. I would consider letting someone else give it a try but would prefer to try someone else's aftermarket seat (I already know the stocker is uncomfortable for me) particularly if you're close enough to switch in person...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 09:05 PM

Garage
My Adcock bucket seat felt odd at first because it placed me just slightly lower and also closer to the tank. But it has proven to be very comfortable for long days.

Always trust your cape.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
IS it covered in leather, Joe?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Garage
Quote:

Not sure what Terry uses to cover the seats.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 PM

Garage
When I bought mine from Ultra, he contacted Terry and was told it was Marine vinyl.

Always trust your cape.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
well, if he lived just a little further north,in ky, I would have said --tanned hides from roadkill
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
well, if he lived just a little further north,in ky, I would have said --tanned hides from roadkill
just to be clear as to why i made a joke about that. i had a neighbor call me a few weeks ago and ask if i would come down and field dress a deer that had been hit by a car and was laying in his yard so he could give it to a family member. i didn't want to do it ,but i didn't want to be rude, so i told him the meat would be bruised up too bad from the impact. and not fit to eat. not sure if that's true but it sounds plausible. wasn't a slur towards the seat guy.i will likely be doing some business with him in the near future.--------
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
just to be clear as to why i made a joke about that. i had a neighbor call me a few weeks ago and ask if i would come down and field dress a deer that had been hit by a car and was laying in his yard so he could give it to a family member. i didn't want to do it ,but i didn't want to be rude, so i told him the meat would be bruised up too bad from the impact. and not fit to eat. not sure if that's true but it sounds plausible. wasn't a slur towards the seat guy.i will likely be doing some business with him in the near future.--------
No worries...Were not that touchy here..Most folks here understand a sense of humor.. Humour for you non-yanks...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
No worries...Were not that touchy here..Most folks here understand a sense of humor.. Humour for you non-yanks...
wish I still lived a few miles from the Mexican border where I was raised. 45 minute drive from south Tucson to nogales and you get to choose from many highly skilled custom auto and truck upholstery craftsman that charge a fraction of what you pay in the states. im sure they would do a great job on a cycle seat for next to nothing. and while you are waiting there is this place called canal st. about a 1/4 mile stretch of very nice bars full of young ladies who all look like jenifer lopez (or so ive been told) you know that thing the muslims have waiting for them in paradise? its right there on canal st. (well , maybe not the "virgin" part. and the best part is, you don't have to die first-------

Last edited by dspark52; 01-19-2014 at 09:26 AM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Works for ME!

Quote:
WHAT in hell are you talkin' about..., HUMOR, I'll give you HUMOUR...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM

Had my Terry Adcox flat saddle almost a year and wouldn't part with it. As someone else observed here, it was my last farkle but it should have been first.

Just a "rambler in my Father's world."
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Rode about 130 miles yesterday, roughly 80 of it on dirt, so MUCH (most!) of that was standing on the 'pegs. I found that I would have the back of my knees against those large "ears", and that was a VERY good position, quite comfortable and secure.

- -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02386 copy.jpg (78.1 KB, 67 views)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 01-20-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode