Stock side-cases: What top-case to use? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Stock side-cases: What top-case to use?

Hi,

I've purchased a Versys with original sidecases from Kawasaki. According to Kawasaki, the additional (original) topcase cannot be used in combination with the original sidecases.

Is there a top-kit available, that can be used while using the original sidecases?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:36 PM

I think the problem is related to concern about overloading the bike and causing the sub-frame to fail. Most likely, you would be fine. However, there is more caution in the USA due to the litigious nature of society.

Perhaps a soft-bag bungeed on when needed is a good compromise?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Stock side-cases: What top-case to use?

Hi dhesselink

Suggest you follow this thread on the UK Versys site -hopefully tell you all you need to Know.
I was in same position with Kawa (Givi) panniers supplied with the bike and by using the info on that thread was able to purchase a Givi top case and rack.

http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?op...5&topic=2020.0

See pics of my setup here www.picasaweb.google.com/stuartbull1

cheers

twohoots

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM

Twohoots....your bike looks great. I like the way it is set up. Can you list what accessories you added and where you purchased them?

thanks Paul
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I've followed Twohoots setup and purchased the Givi set. Haven't used it in combination with the sidecases (yet) but will post the results soon as I have. Looking at things, it'll be sweet'n dandy.

Twohoots, thanks a lot. Would be interested also to hear what handlebar-protector (for wind only?) you have setup, i'm interested to get a set of those.
EDIT: I read here ( http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...hp?t=59&page=2 ) that it's KTM, will go and visit the dealer.

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by dhesselink; 06-23-2008 at 03:16 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Handguards

Hi Dhessalink
Glad my reply was of help hope the project goes ok.The Givi top rack is a tight fit with the Kawa pannier racks,my suggestion is to fit all parts first,loosley, then tighten all bolts,not much room for spanners but it does work.

Handguards are KTM enduro in black,easy to fit ,search on ebay (uk) for them,also plenty of links on UK forum and plenty of others have fitted them.

I have fitted an ermax rear hugger and a fender extender all purchased on line.

Two stebel air horns,plenty loud, wired through a relay(essential)purchased from local auto store.

The Vario windscreen,low gel seat and the panniers came with the bike (free!!!) as part of the deal.

Also fitted a home made GPS and camera mount on the instrument panel behind the windscreen.

good luck
Twohoots
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 AM

Hi dhesselink

Ok then,you found my earlier post re the handguards,I had forgotton.Important point about the bar ends!

Twohoots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode