MRA VarioTouringScreen or Vstream Windshield - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
vp7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MRA VarioTouringScreen or Vstream Windshield

Ok, I've read all the threads on windshields and pretty well decided that I will get the Vstream, but another option that I was looking at is the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield from twisted throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4561/652/ has anybody tried that one yet? It does look pretty good on the bike and has the adjustable spoiler.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 PM

man I kinda like the MRA screen
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp7 View Post
Ok, I've read all the threads on windshields and pretty well decided that I will get the Vstream, but another option that I was looking at is the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield from twisted throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4561/652/ has anybody tried that one yet? It does look pretty good on the bike and has the adjustable spoiler.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
vp7,
That vario touring screen looks awesome. I have the "standard" Kawasaki Vario screen, and I modified it and it works great now:

However, this new one you posted looks impressive, and would no doubt offer more protection than the one I had (before modification).

regards, Bob

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
vp7

Just keeping the thread alive, I'm guessing that this windshield hasn't been around for too long so people did not get a chance to try it. Now I regret not buying it when I visited Twisted Throttle a few weeks ago and will end up paying for the delivery.

Vlast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 PM

I have this screen on my bike and it made a big difference compared to stock. I noticed that it realy creates a nice pocket for the rider to sit in. Ive played with the adjustable peice while riding and it does change where the air hits you. So overall reveiw for me would be a+

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
vp7

Thanks freakshow, I just did a 3 day trip to Prince Edward Island and definitely know that I need something the amount of bugs that hit my visor was incredible, the big ones really do obscure your sight when they splatter their yellow/green guts all over it. So in the next couple of days I'll have to make a decision.

Vlast

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM

I have the Vario Touring windscreen. I am 5' 10" with 30" inseam, and get helmet buffeting in the two lower settings. I haven't tried it all the way up yet. I find the screen to be very noisy as well.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM

Bob I PM'd you regarding your modification suggestions. If you get a chance please send me your suggestions.
Thanks,
Nick
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 PM

That screen is in the Kawasaki assy. book at the dealership for 199.95. the other was 129. I'm 6'1" and would be interested in what would be the best for me?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM

I have the MRA Vario touring screen (the kawasaki branded tinted one).

I'm not impressed.
One of the mounting holes was drilled off center, too close to the contoured portion and it developed a crack radiating out from the bolt.
Then the rubber strip around the edge started coming loose and flapping in the wind so I glued that back on. Actually I shouldnt say 'back' on since it was just pinched on there in the first place. I tried to be careful but I got a bit of the adhesive on the windscreen. Between the stray stringers of adhesive and the crack, it looks like garbage and I don't like staring at it as I'm riding.

I've bought Okanagan Rider's stock screen and it should arrive in the post any day now.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
and I modified it
I guess so!! RPrice, what did you use for the top shield?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Looks like the factory shield to me, real question is what did you use to attach it?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:12 PM

I'm a taller rider also...6'3" and am already looking for a better 'pocket' to ride in. I will be chauffeuring the wife around every so often, so I'll be taking that into account as well. That custom Vario that RPrice setup looks like the way to go.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Wind Noise? MRA VarioTouringScreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatrat View Post
I have the MRA Vario touring screen (the kawasaki branded tinted one).
How about riding comfort and wind noise? I am trying to find a windshield that allows me to ride without helmet (Florida) and not getting my ears shaked/buffeting.
Secondary how about windnoise with helmet?
Frank
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM

I looked at all the windshield choices myself and unfortunately it's one of those situations where you have to rely on others advice or simply take a chance. I am 5' 10" tall and went with the "High Protection" winshield from Frog Specialties in Torrance, CA. It is about 4" taller than the stock shield at it's highest setting. It's also a few inches wider. I am very satisfied because it works well and looks great too.

Here is the link to their site: http://www.frogspecialties.com/index.php?categoryid=26

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode