stiebel horn install - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoghead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
stiebel horn install

The ugly emissions boil on the side on my bike was binned on day 1 of ownership so a great place to mount a Steibel "compact truck horn". This is a 116 dB unit with a low frequency sound just like a big truck air horn and really gets the Cagers attention

Wired it in with a relay and big fat wires for max volume, and made a simple aluminium bracket to hang it off the single mounting hole provided

HOMERSlMPSON likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:35 AM

Nice Install

A must have on any bike - looks good too! I got dual fiamm freeway blasters, 132 db.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 08:11 AM

In three years I've only had to use my horn (stock) twice... And both of those were to alert the cage ahead of me that the left-turn light had turned green.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 AM

That's awesome!

It would be kind of nice to live in a small low density population area, especially riding, you probably don't even need a horn.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
In three years I've only had to use my horn (stock) twice... And both of those were to alert the cage ahead of me that the left-turn light had turned green.

Must Be Nice..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
I was #2 in the right-turn lane at a traffic light a few miles from here in AZ, mid-afternoon, a LEO parked on the right shoulder beside me, a large SUV ahead, right flashers ON.

SUV does NOT turn on the 'red', so I anticipated movement when it went 'green', but, light goes green - NO movement.

Waited a few seconds then gave a short "beep" on my Stebel - STILL no movement, so I gave ANOTHER short beep. STILL no movement, so I kind of "laid-onto-the-horn", the SUV starts to turn and the LEO's red'n'blue lights light-up, and he pulled ME over.

I asked "WHY", and he replied that it's against the law here to use your horn EXCEPT in an emergency. When I asked him what I SHOULD have done, he said that as I didn't know IF there was something in front of her car (I DID!!!), then I had no business honking...!

He didn't give ME a ticket, but I've always wondered if the SUV's driver was somehow impaired....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I was #2 in the right-turn lane at a traffic light a few miles from here in AZ, mid-afternoon, a LEO parked on the right shoulder beside me, a large SUV ahead, right flashers ON.

SUV does NOT turn on the 'red', so I anticipated movement when it went 'green', but, light goes green - NO movement.

Waited a few seconds then gave a short "beep" on my Stebel - STILL no movement, so I gave ANOTHER short beep. STILL no movement, so I kind of "laid-onto-the-horn", the SUV starts to turn and the LEO's red'n'blue lights light-up, and he pulled ME over.

I asked "WHY", and he replied that it's against the law here to use your horn EXCEPT in an emergency. When I asked him what I SHOULD have done, he said that as I didn't know IF there was something in front of her car (I DID!!!), then I had no business honking...!

He didn't give ME a ticket, but I've always wondered if the SUV's driver was somehow impaired....
well that is one stupid law, i wonder which hare-brained lawmaker passed it.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 02:35 PM

scary

I had almost forget why I quit riding 20 years ago. I remember real good after watching these videos. ive had a versys now for less than two months and I mostly ride out in the country, I always try to keep a lot of distance between me and traffic, but some people will get way too close coming from behind.when I was younger, I used to stop in the middle of the road occasionally, and go back and have a 'SAFETY MEETING' with rude drivers who were trying to climb up my ass.---when im in a vehicle, people on motorcycles get special treatment-- I give them the right of way all the time and never do anything that could make them the least bit nervous. I cant imagine anything that would make me feel worse than hitting someone on a motorcycle------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode