I read a lot of threads about people making their own saddlebag supports. Would have loved to purchase some from one of the members, but no one seems to be selling them anymore.
So with no fabrication skills I decided to try my own.
Here's the end result. In all honesty I probably spent about $8 on these, but only because I didn't want to use the paint in my cabinet. You might spend a little more or less depending on what you have on hand.
I used a single section of 1/2" steel electrical conduit and bent it with a conduit bender. Drilled a couple holes and painted it with a few coats of plastidip which gives a nice rubberized finish that matches the bike's powder coating really well.
I put a rubber tip on the upper end to keep water from getting down in there. I left the bottom end open so if any moisture does get in, it'll be able to run out. Then just bolted it all on.
The conduit cost $1.70 and was enough to make both supports. The plastidip was about $5 but I think it will hold up better than the black spray paint I had in my cabinet and I doubt I used even half the can. I had the little rubber end caps from a previous project. They're 5/8" rubber tips like you'd put on furniture or the end of a cane.
The most expensive thing was the bender. It cost $35 but I made two bends with it, saved the receipt and will be taking it back.