little mirror, ideas? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
little mirror, ideas?

Hey all, I see most people here use their V as a light duty tourer but maybe some out there use it as a commuter workhorse and can understand this.

the mirrors are about at the same height as the mirrors of those monstorous 8 passanger SUV's. This makes squeezing between them during girdlock a little more interesting as those guys, ontop of being the only person in an 8-passanger truck, always seem not to be able to center themselves in the lane.

Anyway rant aside

anyone swap out their mirrors for a little shorty? Any ideas? just started to look around online don't like the bar end kind and want a black one not chrome ( i got the black and green V) thinking about just a left.

I could always strip them i guess, i did ride a '78 cb750 with a little straight bar and no mirrors for a while, it was a cool little cafe crusier, was refreshing not worrying about what was behind you ever, untill i was crusing along at 75 in a 55 with a police officer right behind me that is. Lucky for me he had something very important come up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...612198002r5102

Ask your dealer if these can fit on the V.
Not sure if your mirrors are shorter whether can see your back pass your shoulders. Good Luck.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

nice looking ones thanks.
I'm not so sure about seeing past my shoulders either, i was thinking that this morning when i got on, i might buy a cheepie universal, or see if i can find one i know i have somewhere, and trim it for test fitting. The stockers seem to be rather short stemed, but there is alot of mounting height. Anyway thanks i'll post pics when i get it sorted out. If anyone else has some pics feel free to throw them up.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 09:05 PM

those look surprisingly similar to the Buell Blast mirrors

I don't know if they would fit but I could try it because I just got a blast for my girlfriend last week.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 AM

When I get the chance, I thinking of benting down my spare OEM mirror to make them lower.Not sure it can work but an empty mind is the devil's workshop.

Try browsing:
http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/Prodo...ID_categoria=1
http://www.emgo.com/emgo-main.html

Maybe you will see something that will work.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode