Passion Red Oem Color Code? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Passion Red Oem Color Code?

Does anyone know, or know where to get the color code for the Versys "PASSION RED" besides Colorite (they have matching paint but no code) I work in a Auto Parts Store where we can mix our own paint. Just need to find some kind of color code for reference.

Trying to find paint for my Hugger on order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 PM

I got a buddy that matched the paint I'll give him a holler and see what he did. I remember it being pretty easy.

Last edited by Baddone; 06-04-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Here you go. According to PPG, the paint code is 911264. Passion Red it just takes two colors to mix it. D752 243.3 grams and D979 11.5 grams. We did not use a paint code ,we mixed it by using a Profit to read the pigment of the paint. I copied these off another forum but were posted by my buddy who painted his pannier trim.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

GREAT!! I'll call my Paint Guy and see if he can mix it for me, Thanks alot for your help
Has anyone heard of a PREVAL Sprayer? Going to try one to see how it works. We sell them at where I work... supposed to work real slick for small & touch up paint jobs. Below is a link to their site.

http://www.prevalspraygun.com/

I'll post pictures when I get it painted (still waiting for Hugger).
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM

Now I just have to find someone local that can mix that for me! What a savings, I'm sure!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:54 PM

I found a place that did a colour match spray can for me in Toronto. They took this scanner and place it on the plastic panel beside the gas tank to scan the colour, fed it into the computer and 10 min. later they handed me the can. It does require tha application of a clear coat. Paint was $24.99 and the clear coat was $13.99. Been working on filling, priming and sanding the hugger. Will have to apply a white primer before I apply the colour coat. I'll update when I get the colour on.

Cheers,
Colin
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Finally Found Red Paint Code

I finally found a color code for the Kawasaki Passion Red. Sherwin Williams Code No.: 76835 - 2nd Dimension Paint, Includes clear. I just shot my fender and it came out pretty well I think, matches OE Paint right on. I purchased all the Plastic CLEANER SOAP, PRE-PREP & ADHESION PROMOTER, plus a PINT of PAINT with REDUCER and HARDNER for a cost of about $80.00. I used a PREVAL Sprayer that worked amazingly well - see web site: http://www.prevalspraygun.com/howto.htm . I have enough paint and pre-prep material to paint another (2) fenders or so. If anybody has a Hugger, or any other body part you want to paint, and want to purchase everything you need - I would be willing to sell it for $40. plus shipping. Iíll include a new Aerosol cartridge for the PREVAL Sprayer. Let me know if your interested by replying to this post.

Thanks,

KAWACLAY

Below are a few photos of the fender and all the STUFF used to paint it.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Paint & Supplies Sold!!

I Just Sold the paint & supplies - but I hope the Paint code helps those of you do-it-yourselfers!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 PM

Thumbs up

Pretty sweet looking.

I need to fix some scratches on my side panel. There was an..... "incident" that left some scuff marks. :cough:

Do you know if they offer a small touch up kit?

P.S.

I'm guessing you're an Apple fan?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost84001 View Post
Pretty sweet looking.

I need to fix some scratches on my side panel. There was an..... "incident" that left some scuff marks. :cough:

Do you know if they offer a small touch up kit?

P.S.

I'm guessing you're an Apple fan?
Not that I know of. You can buy spray paint form ColorRite, but it takes a base & top coat (2) cans @ $33.00 ea. This was the cheapest way I could find to do it myself and have it match.

Oh and, yah I'm a Graphic Artist that's been using a Mac for over 20 years!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Can you purchase Passion Red touch up paint at the Kawi dealership?

I too had an "incident" sitting still in the driveway, trying to put the kickstand down.......and over we went slowly with my foot tucked under....luckily I had on my Alpinestars.....but my tank got scratched up pretty bad......
Old 06-30-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
Can you purchase Passion Red touch up paint at the Kawi dealership?

I too had an "incident" sitting still in the driveway, trying to put the kickstand down.......and over we went slowly with my foot tucked under....luckily I had on my Alpinestars.....but my tank got scratched up pretty bad......
My dealer couldn't help me, refered me to ColorRite.
When I showed up at the DMV for the Riding Test, (Just bought the bike a week earlier) I Pulled up in front, with about 9 other guys waiting, put down the kickstand, I THOUGHT! and went over too! Luckly I landed in some grass and didn't experience any damage. Really impressed the tester dude!! need to really double check the stand.

Good luck on your paint search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in