my seat "mod" - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to andyhewitt3 Send a message via Skype™ to andyhewitt3
my seat "mod"

On my trip to outer banks and eastern shore virginia last week, I put this on top of my seat under one of these and it made a world of difference. $40ish is a lot cheaper than an airhawk cushion. thanks to whoever thought of the camp seat cushion for a seat mod!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 01:04 AM

that is not a bad idea, i will have to keep that in mind going to be riding to s. california late next week (From portland oregon) and i may need something to help me along the way.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
48.00 on ebay. Took me a month to catch one that cheap. Now that I know it works. I would have paid 200.00 easy. 1100 or 1150 BMW rt comfort gel Seat. I now have put 6000 miles on this seat. Rode last sunday 8 hours. Never thought about my butt being sore. Between the bmw seat, the Buell pegs and the rubber mounted roxy rizers on the handle bars. This bike sits very different. Its more comfort than sport. Which fits my riding style. Cant say enough good things about this bike.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 PM

I recently had a 16hr saddle day ,and my derriere was just fine; can't say the same about knees though... The mods to my seat are rubber underpad stuffed from underneath through the vents, an Alaska sheepskin, and washers at the front of the seat
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 AM

Hey Gulfmuch! Maybe I missed it somewhere else, but can you give some details as to what you did with the seat and mirrors, etc? i am 6'4" and my can gets a little sore after 35 minutes. And the stock mirrors give me a great view of my shoulders. Also, looks like you have an after market screen as well - what is it and how do you like it?
Thanks bro -
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I bumped the new seat design. Its under mods cosmetic. I have the CRG mirrors and I run the Califonia Scientfic windshield. Only in the winter. Thru the summer(alabama) I run the stock windshield upside down. I also have the madstad adjustable windshield mount. If I was to buy a new windshield, I would buy one for the V-strom. The holes are wider and it makes the Madstad more stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode