New Corbin - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Corbin

Got the Corbin today. Love it. Put 1 washer under each back latch bolt and I still have to sit on the rear to unlock it. I suppose it will break-in. With the Air Hawk it is a whole new seating experience. Just a sit report, no riding time yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 PM

Congrats! Mine has made all day riding much more fun and I just feel more planted in this seat.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Yeah...I agree with you both. I use my stock seat (vinyl) when i wash the bike, and that little bit of a ride with the stock seat reminds me why an over $400 seat is a good deal. It was like a torture rack, sliding forward every light....no thanks. Seriously if you are riding around on the stock seat, I want you to know there is something a lot better, whether you mod your seat or get a Corbin...do it! Corbin rocks!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:11 PM

I'm waiting on mine.
Should be here Tuesday.

I hope it is all you guys say it is...

See, I've already updated my profile in anticipation.

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 AM

A Corbin seat experience is either you love it or you hate it. I have heard very few people describe hating a Corbin seat but rather that they love the improved positioning, stability, and comfort. Thankfully I'm having a positive experience with mine. I feel that my riding has improved because of the seat. Now I'm waiting for the backrest to arrive so my wife will be more comfortable and supported. She feels like she is sliding off the back a little. It may be that the passenger section is a little shorter then stock. The back rest should solve her issues (at least those related to the bike )

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 05:23 PM

I can say that after several days on the Corbin, and ~500 miles it is great!

The first day or so, I was starting to wonder, as the edges are a quite a bit stiffer and made the insides of my thighs sore.

Once the seat was broken in, (and I suspect my thighs) it be came VERY comfortable. I went out for ~100 mil ride last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
A Corbin seat experience is either you love it or you hate it. I have heard very few people describe hating a Corbin seat but rather that they love the improved positioning, stability, and comfort. Thankfully I'm having a positive experience with mine. I feel that my riding has improved because of the seat. Now I'm waiting for the backrest to arrive so my wife will be more comfortable and supported. She feels like she is sliding off the back a little. It may be that the passenger section is a little shorter then stock. The back rest should solve her issues (at least those related to the bike )
I will be looking at the Corbin soon as well. Mainly, for the backrest for the wife. She stated she would feel more comfortable on the bike if it had a backrest. So, with that and the seating position, I'll be looking for a Corbin soon.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM

I just received and installed the large backrest for my Corbin seat. After taking a ride with the wife, I can say this is working great. My wife feels way more secure and comfortable. Also she is not leaning forward on to my back which is making my comfort with her much better. Wifey still is complaining that the seat is too hard and is sore after a half hour of riding but I think she hasn't ridden long enough to break in the seat on her butt. The backrest is a great investment for two up riding.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM

errrr what if your passenger has junk in the trunk? (with the back rest). No... I don't have a fat passenger just curious (in fact... I don't carry 'em.. never felt comfy with anyone riding on the back of any bike I have owned)

Last edited by vladimirpoopen; 06-01-2009 at 04:05 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Hey guys this is my first post but i have been lurking and catching all this info for almost a year now. Just wanted to chime in with my results of biting the bullet and getting a Corbin for my V. I really believe it to be the best $400 ive ever spent. I can slide back now enough to make a huge difference and i find that the bike is 100% more comfortable than before. Yes the Cornin seats are harder and i do notice the smaller bumps more than before but like someone said before mine was a torture rack. I wa going numb and hurting at about 7 miles in before now im about 30 miles in before i even adjust my seating position at all. No more sliding forward i agree as well with the feeling of sitting IN it not on it. Plus the higher rise on the pillion makes for a great low backrest i think...anyways thanks alot for all the info ive read and i love the seat...I got mine at www.motorcycleproshop.com on sale for $395+ shipping. $422 total. Not sure if they are still on sale. They dont stock them they order when you do so it took like 3-4 weeks to get mine.....
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Update, just went to the site mentioned above and they are on sale for $385 now...dang i missed $10 more lol....thought i would let you all know...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawavers View Post
Update, just went to the site mentioned above and they are on sale for $385 now...dang i missed $10 more lol....thought i would let you all know...
I ordered mine on Friday from http://www.jcmotors.com for $369.99 + 25.00 shipping. Should be here in 3-4 weeks, says the sales folks.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
vp7

Corbin from JC? is that something you have to call in? Because I can't find it online.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp7 View Post
Corbin from JC? is that something you have to call in? Because I can't find it online.
You can call it in or get on their online chat with a sales person (look on the right side of the page) . Tell them you need part #K-VRS-8-CDS
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Corbin makes the seat height even taller? I e-mailed the company but they aren't answering... thanks.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM

I don't think it raises it much if any but it is a little wider so it may seem a little higher.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode