Mirrors - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mirrors

I tried the caulk in the left mirror and I think if made it worse. Didn't think it was possible to make it worse but it did. Maybe it was because I used clear silicone and not white latex. I bought some cheap mirrors on ebay for 21.00 shipped and now much better. Still not perfect but way better than the pieces of crap that came with the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 01:04 AM

I have yet to find a problem with my mirrors. There must be some funky ones out there with so many people complaining about them.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 AM

My problem with the mirrors are that they vibrate so bad you cannot make out vehicles behind you. It would be nice to know if it's a plain white Ford Vic or a police car. 2nd problem is that you see your shoulders in part of the mirror. I did make it better with adjustment but the problem is still there. Been looking for a better solution that is effective and clean looking at the same time.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:49 AM

I installed Speedy's mirror extenders when I first got the bike and haven't had any problems at all. I'm like gti - mirrors just aren't an issue for me on this bike. I used to have a KLR; maybe that's why I don't notice vibration and blurry objects in the mirror.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly View Post
I used to have a KLR; maybe that's why I don't notice vibration and blurry objects in the mirror.
Yeah as mirrors go the Versys mirrors arent bad. I have had much worse and of course better. The mirrors on the 650GS for example are just there to see if there is a blurry dot on the road behind you. For the most part motorcycle mirrors suck, they always have. The mirrors on my Concours and the ones on my ST1300 were pretty much perfect though.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM

You might try drilling a hole and filling the mirrors with lead birdshot. #9s are about right.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode