Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Mirrors

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ttpete 
#1 ·
I tried the caulk in the left mirror and I think if made it worse. Didn't think it was possible to make it worse but it did. Maybe it was because I used clear silicone and not white latex. I bought some cheap mirrors on ebay for 21.00 shipped and now much better. Still not perfect but way better than the pieces of crap that came with the bike.

#3 ·
My problem with the mirrors are that they vibrate so bad you cannot make out vehicles behind you. It would be nice to know if it's a plain white Ford Vic or a police car. 2nd problem is that you see your shoulders in part of the mirror. I did make it better with adjustment but the problem is still there. Been looking for a better solution that is effective and clean looking at the same time.

#4 ·
I installed Speedy's mirror extenders when I first got the bike and haven't had any problems at all. I'm like gti - mirrors just aren't an issue for me on this bike. I used to have a KLR; maybe that's why I don't notice vibration and blurry objects in the mirror.

#5 ·
I used to have a KLR; maybe that's why I don't notice vibration and blurry objects in the mirror.
Yeah as mirrors go the Versys mirrors aren’t bad. I have had much worse and of course better. The mirrors on the 650GS for example are just there to see if there is a blurry dot on the road behind you. For the most part motorcycle mirrors suck, they always have. The mirrors on my Concours and the ones on my ST1300 were pretty much perfect though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.