Versys Sliders - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Sliders

I live in Colombia and I'm going to Houston next week, so can somebody help me to find a place where I can get some sliders for my Verys ! thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Swingarm or frame sliders?

Swingarm sliders are shared with several other bikes, so almost every large motorcycle store should have something that works in stock - try the Kawasaki dealers or Cycle Gear first. The frame sliders are a lot more model specific, and I doubt anybody has Versys sliders in stock because it's not as popular as some of the sport bikes that also use them.

MC dealers in Houston

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 09:14 PM

I got a set of $20 ninja 650 slider from ebay. I don't remember the seller but they fit just fine.

I also have swing arm sliders/spools from T-Rex along with a set of race stands.

Attachment 3014

Gustavo is right these should be easy to find at a dealer if you are pressed for time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Last edited by brothercannon; 04-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 07:00 AM

Could your knees hit those tank sliders in an accident? It looks like they could do some real damage to you, although it looks like they would definitely protect the tank and cowlings in a fall. Beware of T-Rex spools! I had one break off when I was putting my bike on the stand.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
Could your knees hit those tank sliders in an accident? It looks like they could do some real damage to you, although it looks like they would definitely protect the tank and cowlings in a fall. Beware of T-Rex spools! I had one break off when I was putting my bike on the stand.
I suppose your knees could hit the sliders on the fairings in an accident, but I think it is a likely as your knees hitting the handle bars. The sliders are pretty far forward but who can tell what will happen in an accident.

Did the T-Rex spool/slider break or the bolt attaching it to to the swing arm?

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM

The spool broke and my bike fell off of the stand. I actually reused the bolt with the new spools. I guess a lot of these spools are some kind of plastic. I am going to find some metal spools.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
So I take it sliders are for when you slide on the bikes side?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysred View Post
So I take it sliders are for when you slide on the bikes side?
Yup, sliders are designed to hit the pavement first and slide on it. This should minimize damage to other parts of the bike. Swing arm spools/sliders have two functions. They can act as slider but their main purpose is to give a race stand somewhere to hook on to the bike so you can pick the back tire off the ground. I plan on getting a pair of sliders for the front axle then I'll be done with sliders.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to schleppy
I too am looking for both swingarm and frame sliders. Any suggestions?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
I got a set of $650 ninja 650 slider from ebay. I don't remember the seller but they fit just fine.
$650!!!!????
Is that black paint covering pure gold?

I've seen a lot of suppliers selling swingarm spools. I assume any 10mm spool will do?
Somebody on this forum turned his bar ends into sliders. Looked good too. I think I'll try that when I get the new bars.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM

crap, I saw that mistake and I thought I edited it out a while ago.......

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Versys Sliders

Here is one of the mods that I made to my Versys after I dropped it of course . Would have been better if I had installed it before I dropped it but, I have to learn the hard way. The good news is that since I take it off road, I have dropped it several times since then and the sliders do help: yeah for me.

These are T-Rex Racing sliders. T-Rex is a smaller company and is very helpful and willing to work with you. Prices are very reasonable. They now include a spacer for the radiator shrowd that offers no cut install. You may need to find longer bolts for the sliders other than the standard install kit if you have the SW Motech engine guards. If you do have SW Motech Engine Guards, notify T-Rex before ordering and they may be able to supply the bolts you need.

With the SW Motech installed, the stock T-Rex bolts are too short. I can tell you that the right side bolt for the sliders needs to be 12.5 cm total. The left bolt needs to be 11.5 cm total.

Pics show the sliders with and without the SW Motech Engine Guards.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2097.JPG (115.5 KB, 531 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2102.JPG (113.7 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2087.JPG (110.6 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2096.JPG (119.5 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2088.JPG (111.3 KB, 450 views)

2009 Kw Versys: Green!

Barkbusters, Chrome helmet locks, GPS mount, Pyramid Fender Extender, LED accessory lights,
JT 42T rear sprocket, Givi V35 PLX sidecases, Coocase V36 Topcase, SW-Motech mirror wideners, Superbike GX mirrors, MRA VarioTouringScreen, ROX Anti-vibe Risers, T-Rex sliders, SW Motech engine guards, Motowerks Lowering Link
DNLP D616 120/70ZR17 front
DNLP D616 180/55ZR17 rear

The rest is

Last edited by Don't_Stop; 04-08-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added a pic
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't_Stop View Post
Here is one of the mods that I made to my Versys after I dropped it of course . Would have been better if I had installed it before I dropped it but, I have to learn the hard way. The good news is that since I take it off road, I have dropped it several times since then and the sliders do help: yeah for me.

These are T-Rex Racing sliders. T-Rex is a smaller company and is very helpful and willing to work with you. Prices are very reasonable. They now include a spacer for the radiator shrowd that offers no cut install. You may need to find longer bolts for the sliders other than the standard install kit if you have the SW Motech engine guards. If you do have SW Motech Engine Guards, notify T-Rex before ordering and they may be able to supply the bolts you need.

With the SW Motech installed, the stock T-Rex bolts are too short. I can tell you that the right side bolt for the sliders needs to be 12.5 cm total. The left bolt needs to be 11.5 cm total.

Pics show the sliders with and without the SW Motech Engine Guards.

Thanks for sharing the slider info. I'm going to order some tomorrow!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM

$70!?!?! That is expensive!!!! But I'll be honest...... I used them for my FZ1 and they worked......twice!! I remember the price being closer to $30 though. Maybe I'm getting dementia.

Choppastyle
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM

I have motowerk spools on my swingarm. Used them several times with my rear stand. I love them. Being that lovely aluminum they fit well with the swingarm.

"Why do I ride?"

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't_Stop View Post
These are T-Rex Racing sliders. T-Rex is a smaller company and is very helpful and willing to work with you. Prices are very reasonable. They now include a spacer for the radiator shrowd that offers no cut install. You may need to find longer bolts for the sliders other than the standard install kit if you have the SW Motech engine guards.
Don't Stop - how do those mount? One faster with a bracket to position the slider? What size is the faster - 8 mm? From the pics it seems like a lot of pressure could be put on the fastener if just one but I don't have a bike to look at. Obviously different motorcycle, but my SV used the motor mount points which made for a strong mounting point and 10mm bolt IIRC. You mention that you've dropped yours since - low side or simple drop? Curious because I'm looking at possible sliders for my 2011 and seems like the choices are T-Rex, eBay special, LSL, and Puig.

Thanks in advance!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM

The sliders mount on the Versys by using a frame bolt to fasten the metal base to the frame. Then, the slider itself has a long bolt through the middle to fasten it to the supplied metal base.

T-Rex worked with me to develop their kit to supply Versys owners. I was their test dummy for this bike.

I don't recall the sizes and I'm not at my bike at the moment.

2009 Kw Versys: Green!

Barkbusters, Chrome helmet locks, GPS mount, Pyramid Fender Extender, LED accessory lights,
JT 42T rear sprocket, Givi V35 PLX sidecases, Coocase V36 Topcase, SW-Motech mirror wideners, Superbike GX mirrors, MRA VarioTouringScreen, ROX Anti-vibe Risers, T-Rex sliders, SW Motech engine guards, Motowerks Lowering Link
DNLP D616 120/70ZR17 front
DNLP D616 180/55ZR17 rear

The rest is
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Never had a problem with my t-rex frame sliders.
I think they were approx $60 shipped to me in Canada
I just wish I could find some t-rex front axel sliders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0218.jpg (44.8 KB, 173 views)

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM

Loves my T-Rex sliders on my long haul today. They make great highway pegs.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
Never had a problem with my t-rex frame sliders.
I think they were approx $60 shipped to me in Canada
I just wish I could find some t-rex front axel sliders.

Here ya go......http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-2006-0...ht_3833wt_1398 Or............http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?category=118

IMG_0929 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0930 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0931 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0932 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-16-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode