GIVI Stop Light Help - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GIVI Stop Light Help

I just installed a GIVI V46 topcase with the stop light kit. I didn't wire it up yet because I'm not sure what wires I need to tap into. Just wondering if someone could help me before I blow a fuse or something. The three wires coming out of the Versys stop light are, yellow/black, blue and red. The two GIVI wires are black and blue.

Thanks, Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 AM

Try this link. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...91&postcount=4

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 AM

One of these (http://www.bikerhiway.com/radiantz-r...rip-p-312.html) or a similar product will let you run your Givi lights as both running lights and brake lights. I did that with the extra brake light I wired on my bike. Worth considering.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Will work on it tonight. Dave
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 08:55 AM

Hey 55, let me know once you have it hooked up how it works for you? I have it on mine and really liked it at first, then it just stopped working intermitently. It seems the integrity of the contact points on the inside of the box is not perfect, and if there is even a slight pressure inside of the box (like when my grocery bags push up on the box slightly) then the lights stop working....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 AM

I had so much trouble with mine that I replaced them with the kit from admorelighting.com. They also have kits for the V35 cases, plus they are brake lights and turn signals.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 AM

Hello, got a V46 with brake light too. I had a problem where it stopped working completely for a while.

It turned out that the contact screws inside the bottom connector ( the one with the spring inside) were loose.

I gently opened the plastic contact case and re-tighten the both contact. It works like a charm now.

If it breaks again, I am thinking of wiring a cable permanatly inside the box from the back from the bottom connector to the brake light inside the top cover. I would tape the cable on the bottom of the box and lay it so that it reaches the top cover from the hinge side.

Cheers,

4tire!
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

2007 Black Versys, Barkbuster VPS Handguards, Mushrooms K10001-109, Pirelli Diablo Rosso, CQlights HID 5000K kit, Givi V46 Top Case.

Shoei Multitec, Rukka X-TRAFIT Gloves, Rukka Steel Jacket, Rukka Unit Pants, Dainese B.B.2 D-Dry Boots

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

No problems with mine. Had it for 2 months now. I also put a LED stop light licence plate frame on and soddered all the wires together instead of using the connecters that GIVI gave me. Now I have 3 stop lights on the back of my V.

Dave
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM

The next thing that will happen to the Givi brake light is the wires under the little screws have soldered ends. They will break off. So when you repair that put a little blue locktite on the screws and they won't vibrate loose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode