Givi Top case - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi Top case

Can anyone tell me if the Givi top case has a quick disconnect or are they ment to stay on the bike once mounted. I would like to be able to remove it without to much trouble when riding alone or just joy riding. Also looking for any pictures of the mounting brackets for the top case. I am not sure what size I want but something small that will still hold some clothing ect. Wife really wants a back rest when she is riding. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM

I had a Givi topcase and mount for my old Ninja 650 (the topcase is the Givi Flow) and loved it! I never even knew the case was back there! When I traded in my Ninja, I kept the topcase and have just ordered a rack for the Versys. It's a great mounting system called the Monolock series...the topcase simply disconnects with the twist of a key and the press of a button. The "Flow" easily holds a full face helmet, summer jacket and a little rain gear. I think there are a couple of pics in the photo section of a Givi rack...they're fairly easy to install!

Jen
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Boiler thanks for the reply that is just what I wanted to hear I really want to be able to take the topcase off quickly. I am not sure which model the FLOW is everything I have seen listed seems to be in number 35,41, ect. do you know which one the flow is. Thanks again Jay

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM

Here's a link to the site that I got my topcase and rack from:

http://sporttour.com/luggage/givi/Givi_E350_Flow.htm

The E350 (Flow) is on the smaller side for topcases...I know others have used up to 45 litres...but I wanted something just a little smaller and the E350 is perfect for me. This site has the cheapest Givi luggage that I've found with free (and fast) shipping!

Jen
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 PM

Also, here's the link to the page for the actual racks:

http://sporttour.com/luggage/givi/Gi...s_Kawasaki.htm
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Ordered my trunk rack from Kawasaki and it went on backorder so I cancelled it to order a Givi Rack. Guess what? It's on back order also..

Already have a Givi Trunk waiting to be mounted. It only took a couple days to get..

2013 Vulcan Classic LT but may be going back in the fold..
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Here is where I got my top box and it fits my Givi rack perfect and the price is right. I got the large and it will hold my flip up full face if I position it right. Holds my jacket and pants liner and still room for more.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/MATTE-BLACK...4603_10111.jcw

Life is tough. Life is tougher if you are stupid.

Work in Progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help guys ended up with the E35 top bag went thru Twistedthrottle got everything in 5 days fit perfect works great. BADDONE what type of setup do you have for a taillight eliminator I am looking for one and yours looks great. How about a picture from the back. Jay
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 07:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to 08 Versys Send a message via Yahoo to 08 Versys
Another vote for the J.C. Whitney large trunk. It fits perfectly on the Givi rack. It looks much better after you paint the trim that faces forward. It comes from JC Whitney with orange trim. Baddone painted his flat black to match his painted engine covers , I painted mine aluminum color to match the stock pieces. It's even better that you can get it for about $50 including shipping.

Hear my custom exhaust, I am selling these for $135 complete including shipping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

See my Driving Light Installation Tips

Last edited by 08 Versys; 07-06-2008 at 08:08 AM.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:42 AM

JC Whitney medium case

I just added the givi top case brackets and monokey plate. I also bought the medium jc whitney top case. I'm very disappointed because the medium doesn't work with the give plates and I'm not going to try and fabricate a plate holder to replace the well made Givi plate.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb9400 View Post
I just added the givi top case brackets and monokey plate. I also bought the medium jc whitney top case. I'm very disappointed because the medium doesn't work with the give plates and I'm not going to try and fabricate a plate holder to replace the well made Givi plate.
Send the medium back and buy the large. You can still get the large one for a hair over $50 including shipping.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294434

Or, there are a couple of people that have been able to modify the Givi plate and mount the medium case.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...294434&page=16

Hear my custom exhaust, I am selling these for $135 complete including shipping!

See my Driving Light Installation Tips

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:32 AM

Thanks I did order the large one and got it for the $47.99 price. Now the large case works with the Givi Monokey bracket just fine, correct?
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks I did order the large one and got it for the $47.99 price. Now the large case works with the Givi Monokey bracket just fine, correct?
Yes, that's exactly what I am using and it fits great.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I have the large JCW also and it fit the Givi plate perfect. The trunk comes with a plate also and it also looks to be exactly like the Givi.

Work in Progress

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Does anyone get loud vibration sound fron the closed case while driving, either the Givi or the JC Whitney? I have a Givi (supposedly, possibly a fake one as is common here) on mine and it rattles like hell when driving, the rattling coming from when the top and bottom seam together when closed?!?!? I tried putting a seal inside but it doesnt work well.

1998 "Original" R1
1999 "Streetfighter" R1
2009 Versys (Deposit down, coming soon!)

Viva Colombiaaaa!
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexas1974 View Post
Does anyone get loud vibration sound fron the closed case while driving, either the Givi or the JC Whitney? I have a Givi (supposedly, possibly a fake one as is common here) on mine and it rattles like hell when driving, the rattling coming from when the top and bottom seam together when closed?!?!? I tried putting a seal inside but it doesnt work well.
No noise with mine. Are you sure its the case making the noise? Might want to check your fasteners back there or possibly the cover over the tailight. I have heard of that buzzing before, but not a case.

Work in Progress

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 03:11 PM

Yeah, I have checked everything - all connections are tight - it is definitely coming from where the top and bottom case meet.

The problem is that about 80% of things down here are fakes, and since I don't know what a REAL Givi is like, I have nothing to compare to.

The only good news is that the bike is up for sale, along with the case, and I plan to get all new luggage with the new Versys!

1998 "Original" R1
1999 "Streetfighter" R1
2009 Versys (Deposit down, coming soon!)

Viva Colombiaaaa!
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:30 PM

JCW topcase

Hey guys,
When l look up the large trunk at JCW its showing the price as $84.99 on the large trunk. You guys got them for around $50.00 was that a sale at the time or is there a special promo code or somthing you have to enter to get that price. I want to get the large but I want to make sure I pay bottom dollar.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

RedRiguez

Life is short, Live every day like its your last....

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Read the thread I posted a link to, it tells you how to get the large case at the cheap price. I don't remember how to do it, I just read that thread and followed the instructions.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiguez View Post
Hey guys,
When l look up the large trunk at JCW its showing the price as $84.99 on the large trunk. You guys got them for around $50.00 was that a sale at the time or is there a special promo code or somthing you have to enter to get that price. I want to get the large but I want to make sure I pay bottom dollar.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Yeah as 08Versys said there are promo codes out there that you need to enter. You won't see the price drop until you put the codes in and almost finish check out.

Work in Progress

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode