Light mount bracket - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Light mount bracket

Any of you have mounted driving lights on the V when you don't have crash bars. I am looking at finding a braket that would allow me to mount lights between the front forks or under the fairing.

Let me know if you've seen or used something similar. Speedy, this might be a new item for you to design!!!

Also, any recommendations on lights other than the PIAA, kind of expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM

been wondering that myself, as far as lights go, is there a wattage limitation?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 11:28 PM

I have a set of Piaa 1100x driving lights that I am going to mount where the reflectors are on the front forks. I had hoped to do it this week but I'm taking the V to the Gulf Coast of Florida for a couple of days. As far as motorcycle stuff is concerned, it will be priority 1 next week. I'll post pictures of what it looks like.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 11:35 PM

Driving light wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamichop007 View Post
been wondering that myself, as far as lights go, is there a wattage limitation?
This was a response that I got to a similar asked question:

2xadv
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2008

Alternator vs. lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versys at 4000 rpm 14V = 336 watts total.
Bike uses about 130 watts to run (Including low-beam).
2x 55W added lights are OK, but with base 130W + high beam 55W + (2x 55w) driving lights 110w + 100W heated Jacket + 20W heated grips the total (>400w) is over the alternator output. I would turn off the high beams with the laser cannons on. I would at least turn off the Jacket liner, grips and laser cannons a few minutes before landing to give the battery a chance to charge-up some.

I installed HID 35W for the low beams, so I am saving 20W that way with the 35W HIDs still brighter than the standard 55W bulb
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F. View Post
This was a response that I got to a similar asked question:

2xadv
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2008

Alternator vs. lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versys at 4000 rpm 14V = 336 watts total.
Bike uses about 130 watts to run (Including low-beam).
2x 55W added lights are OK, but with base 130W + high beam 55W + (2x 55w) driving lights 110w + 100W heated Jacket + 20W heated grips the total (>400w) is over the alternator output. I would turn off the high beams with the laser cannons on. I would at least turn off the Jacket liner, grips and laser cannons a few minutes before landing to give the battery a chance to charge-up some.

I installed HID 35W for the low beams, so I am saving 20W that way with the 35W HIDs still brighter than the standard 55W bulb
Trying to determine the wattage output of the alternator as I us electrically heated jacket liner and gloves. Service manuel says only 8 amps. (or about 112watts) . Your information of 336 watts (or about about 24 amps.) seems more likely. It is a 3 phase alternator I wonder if the service manuel is giving the amperage output for only one leg of the alternator? The Suzuki V-Strom has 375 watts or 400 watts 2007 model year and later.
Where did you get your information from. I could live with 336 watts, but not 112 watts.
Appreciate any information any of you members might have on this concern. Need to know before I buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode