Twinshack hugger noise? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Twinshack hugger noise?

I just installed a twinshack hugger. At highway speed there is a very loud howl now that sounds like transmission noise. I am thinking it must be from air passing under and around the hugger? Anyone else had this experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbolt View Post
I just installed a twinshack hugger. At highway speed there is a very loud howl now that sounds like transmission noise. I am thinking it must be from air passing under and around the hugger? Anyone else had this experience?
I just installed an ermax and my first ride today I also noticed some additional transmission noise. I thought it was just from the chain getting dry but then I read your post. I bet you are correct that some noise get's trapped inside the new air cavity. I wonder if anyone else has noticed. I was getting ready to go home and clean and lubricate the chain so I'll let you know if that changes the sound or not.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM

I have had my Twinshak hugger on for about 12k miles now-either I've got used to it or noise isn't there. But, I do wear ear plugs and mine has about 9 coats of paint on it! Probably going back to matt black, so a 10th may be on the way.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM

hugger noise

I have a hugger from twinshack and have never had the problem you describe...have you got it screwed down properly utilizing all the screw holes?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Hugger noise

Well I took it off last night and took the bike for a ride. Noise was gone. Put it back on and brought it in to work today ( I work on motorcycles) and put foam under front edge thinking it might be wind noise. Did not help. Actually I have thought the transmission has been too noisy since I have owned the bike. Might be the hugger is just making the transmission noise louder because of the way it is positioned. Might have to just go with earplugs or try to get to the bottom of the transmission noise. Thanks for input.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 PM

I thought I read a thread where it could be the chain rubbing against the hugger somewhere.?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM

I notice a different sound also when I put my TS Hugger on. I guess I goteen used to it or the sound has been drowned out by the cherry bomb muffler
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM

I cleaned and lubed my chain and still have the noise with the ermax. I wear plugs and it is definitely different than the day before I installed it, I'm not worried, I think it is just the extended chain guard trapping the noise and the plastic housing amplifing it. Probably the same for any hugger you install, just that some people don't notice it just like some drivers don't notice when they are running around with a flat tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode