foglights with autoswitch and motobozzo covers - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
foglights with autoswitch and motobozzo covers

Hi,

I already posted this in the german forum(s) but don't want to exclude the foreign V-riders...

I finally got my christmas tree....
My versys received the microflooter.
I first intended to put the lights on the SW-Motech engine guard.

But when I called MotoBozzo to order an autoswitch, I got the info, that they have created special covers/mounting parts for these lights. They also asked if I'd like to come over (they are only 30 km (18mls)) away from me).
Motobozzo offered me to mount and connect the lights and switch, document the whole work with pictures, and then put these online on their site. This was the first versys, they would mount the lights on. Great idea. I only had to pay for the parts, labour was for free, and my versys would end up as a model. So, next day I was there... Everything was mounted and connected very good. (the guy is an electrician)
Here you can see my little V as photomodel
: Germany's next top versys

An Autoswitch is (already discussed here) an "intelligent" switch, which releases power after reception of a signal . I have chosen for the double-pass-light-version. Means, engine on, press the pass light twice (like double-click on a mouse) and the lights ingnite. To switch them off, it's the same procedure.

The covers are from lasered aluminium, and powdercoated in black with a structure. The are of very high quality. (On the pictures taken with the flashlight, they seem brighter than they are in real)

The indicators are still visible, and they are not covered by the fog lights. The indicators, are also much wider than the fog lights, which aren't even wider than the fueltank, even if it looks diferent on the pic's.
I still got the stock indicators. thus 21W each

Finde here below some pics:

And a link to picase, for some more pictures: Microflooter picasa (16 bilder)
For those who don't speak dutch:

zonder flits = Pic taken without flashlight
met flits = Puic taken with flashlight
dimlicht = dim light ( funny, same word!)
lampjes = lights

I exchanged the bulbs for 35W each (55W is stock), A direct comparison of the 55w <> 35w did not show much difference. But 40W less consumtion for the ignitor wouldn't harm. In the end, the ignition only delivers 344 watt .
Dim light 55w, full beam 55w, indicators 2x 21w, tail light 0,5w, brake light 3,7 watt = 156,2w + 70w microflooter = 226,2 watt
leaves 117,8 w for the other consumers like ABS, control unit, cockpit, fuel injection, etc etc etc.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode