Windshield Comparo: Powerbronze vs. Stock - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Windshield Comparo: Powerbronze vs. Stock

I know that people always have questions about screens so I thought I'd share what little insight I have.

I bought my bike used, and it came with the Powerbronze touring screen. I rode all last season with it on the lowest setting, and it would direct air directly into my face (I'm 6'2" with a 33" inseam, you do the math ). At the beginning of this season, I moved it to it's highest position. The difference was quite noticeable, as the air was directed to the very top of my helmet. I found that city speeds were quieter, but highway\freeway speeds caused my head to vibrate like crazy. Slouching seemed to alleviate this problem.

Today, I received the stock screen that I bought from powerm (thanks again), and installed it on my bike at the lowest position. Right now I find that the air hits me dead centre in the chest. The ride is much, much quieter. I only spent a couple minutes on the freeway, but I currently prefer the stocker to the Powerbronze. I'll do more extensive testing this week, in order to get a better sense of it at higher speeds.

Also, I think the stocker looks better, but that's me.

I hope this helps those that need it.

07 Versys - Ebony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 PM

screen

Hi, I like the stock shield fine, but for long rides or winter riding,( I have 1300 very cold, 25- 35 deg miles on my v) I am planning on getting a parabelum.
They are not expensive, and I am impressed with the credentials of the company, the are the real deal.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 PM

I currently have a Mike's screen. I got the tallest one and it certainly works. I could ride with a baseball cap on and I don't think it would blow off. I am 5'8" and I have it in the lowest setting. I don't need ear plugs either...what a relieve. The only problem I have with it is it has developed some very small surface cracks near the top where the lip curves back up, I am not sure if I can polish them out or not, sure hope so as other than that I am very happy with it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
The only problem I have with it is it has developed some very small surface cracks near the top where the lip curves back up, I am not sure if I can polish them out or not, sure hope so as other than that I am very happy with it.
Can you take a pic of them for me? I haven’t noticed any cracks on mine. If they get worse let me know, I will send you another one. Also make sure you do not use Windex or a similar cleaner on Plexiglas, it can case crazing and cracks. Use a good plastic polish or automotive wax. McGuire’s headlight restorer works REALLY well.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-pla...light-kit.html

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 PM

The biggest problem with the Powerbronze screen is that stupid lip they put on it. It creates more turbulence rather than improve it. I usually prefer short/no screens over larger ones, but there is a way to make the Powerbronze work better - see this thread. In the modified configuration, you get a good compromise between less pressure on your upper body, noise and turbulence which leads to less fatigue on long rides.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
windscreen, windshield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode