After reading a large number of comments in the forums in reference to the Standard Seat being uncomfortable and causing the rider to slide forward, I thought about how one could alleviate this issue cheaply and easily.
I decided firstly that i didn't want to mess with the tongue on the front of the seat so i had to work out a way of raising up both the top Plate and the base, or tongue rest.
to do this i Used a 8mm Plastic Chopping board water/damage proof from the local $2 Shop (Pic 1)
i then used a Saw to cut 3 pieces to the width of the top plate (Pic 2)
3 x 8mm = 24mm or close enough to 1" (settled on using only '16mm' for my bike)
I placed the top plate on the board and marked the holes.
Using the round washer style inserts that mount into the rubber grommets I lined up the holes and drew around the outside of both giving me the basic design for the tongue rest, the idea being to have it sandwiched between the 2 mounting bolts stacked with washers.
I decided to Glue the 3 pieces together as it would make it easier to craft the right shape and take out the half moon of material on each side,
once dry i used a Dremel to grind back the plastic (although a half moon style file would work just as well). (Pic 3)
I went to my local Fastener place and bought 2 x 50mm bolts, and a stack of about 40 washers as close too the original size of the grommet insert as i could (erring on the side of larger rather than smaller).
It was then just a matter of stacking the 3 pieces in the gap and adding the appropriate number of washers to the bolts to get the right slot size for the Seat Tongue. (Pic. 4)
after about 100kms with it raised 24mm I established that it was to high (for me) and my weight was to far forward, so i dropped the height down to 16mm by removing 1 section of the board and this seems perfect.
I have also added a sheepskin cover which hides the larger gaps that usually can be seen by this type of raising on the sides of the seat.
I've noticed that there are 2 small additional mounting points at the front of the seat to either side of the seat tongue that should rest on the cross-frame, so I'm going to fabricate up some additional supports to raise this area up as well ( with the seat being supported at the front by only the tongue its a little bit flexy)
(I'll add more detailed photos of the installation on my bike tomorrow as i left it at work tonight Doh.)