KLE Euro Oval Stickers are on the way!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up KLE Euro Oval Stickers are on the way!!

Hey all, My facination with the Euro oval stickers has taken hold and I am in the process of having "KLE" Euro Stickers produced for anyone that may be interested in having these made. As we all know, the KLE designation is the "Euro" name of the Versys here in the States.

Pricing is going to be about $3.00-$3.50 per sticker. They will look great on your bike, panniers, favorite water bottle, bumper, trailer, or your dog. If you put one on your dog, God help you.

These will be available for order within the next 2-3 weeks. I will only ask you send a self-addressed envelope to me with payment so I can send them back to you. More details to come shortly!

I am not making a haul here on these stickers, just trying to make a few extra bucks to help pay for next term's books for grad school here in Oregon!

Happy riding!

Kris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KLE Euro Oval.jpg (15.0 KB, 378 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Either school up there is really cheap, or you're counting on selling a LOT of stickers...

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Something like that. I just have a friend that makes stickers and thought they might be a cool idea. And no, school is not cheap here! LOL

Just trying to share the KLE Love!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 AM

have you ordered them yet? It may just be me but like a lot of these stickers in very little print it says what it actually means, I don't know if people here want it to be mysterious but I wonder what the consensus would be to have it say Versys very small or Kawasaki ??? I'm totally down with them and also it'd be cool if you could get some clear??? instead of white and while I'm at it requesting stupid stuff it'd be even cooler if you could get them inverted so you can put them in a car window... but whatever anything is good... and I will shut up now...

oh and bear one more post and your at 1000 !!!!!!!! I don't know if you've already done it...

08 Versys 32+k and counting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 AM

I like the sticker. If it is black on a white background I might debadge and put one on either side of the tank. But it looks like it could be black on a clear background which wouldn't show up on my fast black V.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:24 AM

I'm probably the only idiot on this board that doesn't know what KLE is.

Is that how its known in Europe?

Just went on the UK website and couldn't see any mention of KLE? Sorry to be such an ignorant prick, but only name I've come across for our toy is Versys.

BTW, if anyone wants to make a nice black sweat shirt or even a T with a small Versys logo on the tit, I'll take one.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm.

Maybe I should check with the MASSES before I go any further on this little project?

What does everybody think? This was just my idea. Is it lame? I just see a lot of this style of sticker on panniers and thought that I could get away with using KLE as it is separate from the full name "KLE 650". I figured that if I used the name "Versys", I would run into some infringement or copywrite issues or the like.

I want your input on a design because I am going to do something creative we can all enjoy. I love stickers; I am a sticker whore. I have over 200 on my kegerator in the garage from the places I have traveled.

Look forward to the input.

Machog, I like your T-Shirt idea. However, it might be easier to just have iron-ons made; having shirts and sitting on the inventory would not be that fun.

-Kris

PS, today is the first truly nice day here in western Oregon so I'm off to make some twisties!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
I'm probably the only idiot on this board that doesn't know what KLE is.

Is that how its known in Europe?

Just went on the UK website and couldn't see any mention of KLE? Sorry to be such an ignorant prick, but only name I've come across for our toy is Versys.

BTW, if anyone wants to make a nice black sweat shirt or even a T with a small Versys logo on the tit, I'll take one.

Machog

It's on the owner's manual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf38 View Post
have you ordered them yet? It may just be me but like a lot of these stickers in very little print it says what it actually means, I don't know if people here want it to be mysterious but I wonder what the consensus would be to have it say Versys very small or Kawasaki ??? I'm totally down with them and also it'd be cool if you could get some clear??? instead of white and while I'm at it requesting stupid stuff it'd be even cooler if you could get them inverted so you can put them in a car window... but whatever anything is good... and I will shut up now...

oh and bear one more post and your at 1000 !!!!!!!! I don't know if you've already done it...

Here ya go...

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 03-11-2009 at 02:36 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Oregon Versys Guy,

I'll be in Albany on Friday at Linn Benton Lincoln ESD for a meeting from 1pm - 3pm or so. If you had a sticker, I'd give ya the 3 and change for one.

I'll probably be riding the bike up - if the weather holds.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 07:29 PM

I like this sticker idea!
Maybe you could do a few different color schemes? I dunno how far you're willing to go with this...
but a black font on clear background, and a white font on clear background would both be nice.
I defenitly like the KLE idea, and don't believe it needs to say Versys, or Kawi anywhere on it. It's for those in the know, ya know?!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM

How about VRS in the oval? Can someone mock one up in photoshop or something?
Oh, and I like the idea of having our own sticker.

09' Green
06' CR 250
08' CRF 230L
95' VFR 750 <-4 sale
88' Hawk GT
03' CRF 230f
05' TTR 50...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 PM

The best is the KLE on the BMW badge with the clear background...Do believe DallasDon has it on his V...Very cool

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
The best is the KLE on the BMW badge with the clear background...Do believe DallasDon has it on his V...Very cool
Yeah, that one is good!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 AM

Oregon,

I would go with your original idea and sell them to those interested afterwards. If you try to come to a consensus and then produce a sticker, the Versys will be out of production by the time you get there or have about 50 different stickers made.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
This is what I went with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode