I Havent a Clue ..What Fits? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I Havent a Clue ..What Fits?

Ola All,
Im a Newbee to these forums and have searched a bit about panniers for the Versys, and im assuming there is a post in here somewhere.
I currently have the Kawasaki rear trunk bracket and topbox fitted to mine (had to remove the original pillion hand grips).
and im wondering if anyone knows if the Givi, H&B, or other pannier manufacturers produce a mounting kit that can be attached along with this.

from what I've read as far as the genuine Kawasaki luggage is concerned you can only have one or the other(top box or panniers) not both...Doh >_<

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to joshmedley
True about the kawasaki products... Givi manufactures the cases for them...they are the v35'swith their mounting plate and hardware you can run two sides and a top box.. Also, i believe that the swmotech system works as well with three cases. Currently the trim pieces can be color matched, but they do not come in passion red...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to demuire Send a message via Skype™ to demuire
H&B racks won't fit - you need to have matching top and pannier racks (they share components)

~
FookStar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Kawasaki Versys (in green!)
Queensland, Australia

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Okees I think we have a winner just looked up the SW Motech site seems that you are able to fit their quick release pannier system to the Versys with the Kawasaki rear rack.

High-quality, German-made Quick-Lock luggage sideracks by SW-Motech. This unique design allows the racks to be removed from the bike in less than 30 seconds without special tools by opening 3-4 quick-release fasteners on each side. These narrow profile, black powder-coated steel racks are compatible only with GIVI V35 PLX side luggage cases. No additional adapter kit necessary.

This sidecarrier may be used alone,
with the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack for the Versys, or
with the Kawasaki rear rack (part No. 017BRU0023; available from franchised Kawasaki dealers) <== my bit yay

Just though I'd include some of their Blurb, many thanks for the quick response. Cheers
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to demuire Send a message via Skype™ to demuire
Actually, looking at that diagram the H&B racks should also fit. I assumed the top tab (where the grab rail bolts on to) would be an issue, but it looks like it would work. The H&B racks are almost identical in design.

~
FookStar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Kawasaki Versys (in green!)
Queensland, Australia
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM

The kawasaki top rack that you have is manufactured by sw motech and it will NOT work with the givi panier racks. Kawasaki's panier racks are made by givi so that's why kawasaki says you can only have one or the other. You can buy the sw motech panier racks and they will work with your top rack without any problems. I have sw motech top rack and sw motech quick release panier racks with givi V35 plx cases and am very happy with this set up. Just keep in mind you won't be able to fit a full face helmet in the v35 cases.

check out my quick release racks here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvH5tchsOCQ

Cheers, John
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruh View Post
Just keep in mind you won't be able to fit a full face helmet in the v35 cases.
I have been able to fit a large HJC AC-12 Full face in mine no issues. Same with my Shoei, and my wifes KBC. All full face.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 AM

I am in Australia and looking for this luggage set, does anyone know where you can get tham and at what cost should I be looking for including fittings???

also looking for a TBR carbon slip on can if anyone can help. again AU. everything is US/UK never here.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM

SW-Motech Quick Release will fit with your top case rack. I have them on my Versys, SV and CBR. the quality of SW-Motech is second to none. Bet thing is you can go from full bagger to hooligan in 1.5 minutes.

Hooligan Mode on.... LOL

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode