Decal removal tip - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Decal removal tip

I noticed that the hair dryer tip has already been posted, but I learned something else when taking the decals off of my blue VeeSaki. On the left side, I heated the decals with the hairdryer and they came right off, but left behind a sticky residue. On that one, I aimed the dryer on the outside of the decal, figuring that it would come off easier if the goo was already soft before the 'pull' reached it. On the right side, I aimed the dryer beneath the decal once I got a corner lifted, and kept the edge of the 'peel' hot. Perfect! It came off clean, leaving behind a smooth, clean surface. Pull slowly and keep the pressure even on the decal as you pull and you will avoid the cleanup that I have coming on the left side of the bike.
Now if it will just warm up enough for me to paint the hugger - I'd love to go ahead and get it mounted before the Happy Trails stuff gets here.

I haven't noticed the fairing buzzing that has been mentioned, though I only have about 1,300 miles on the bike so far since I got it a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if the problem has already been addressed by Kawasaki on the new models. If so, I hope that they took care of the frame/motor mount spacing problem too. I'll find out when I put my panniers on next weekend.

I ran across a guy at the show yesterday in Greenville that does custom airbrush work and I'm thinking about getting him to do some work for me on the Vee. I envy anybody that is blessed with the ability to freehand artwork with an airbrush - I have trouble spray painting a flat surface without the paint running.

Hey, I think that the paint scheme above might look pretty good on the VeeSaki, especially if they can add the artwork that I want on it. I spend a lot of time backpacking in the northern Rockies and want something that combines my love of biking with my real passion, spending time in wild places. We'll see how it turns out at some point this year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That's a great paint job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode