Tail Bags - any recomendations? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tail Bags - any recomendations?

Does any have any ideas on 'tail bags'? I've searched the threads, and see alot talk about tank bags and saddle bags, but nothing about the bags that attach to the rear seat.
Not looking for something too big, maybe enough to slip my laptop into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 06:15 PM

I am in love with both the small and medium Aerostich Moto-Fizz bags. Check the dimensions. Great, multifunctional, easy to clip on and off.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...e-p-16405.html
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:41 PM

I just got this from TwistedThrottle, and I'm pretty impressed so far. My Versys isn't in yet so I haven't been able to try it in action yet.

If you'd rather go soft-sided, I used this one on my little Ninja 250 and it was pretty awesome. It was juuuuust big enough to squeeze my laptop into (without a case).

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Those are both nice - i like the Cortech. And the price range seems nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM

I got the cargo bag by Bags-Connection from Twisted Throttle , It fits the V perfectly and is nice and compact but will expand to a decent size for those longer hauls.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/922/652/

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 AM

For what it's worth I just picked up the Cortech Sport Bag.

Most impressed. It comes with a foam base and hide away bungies ( if you want to hide them away), carrying handle, foam protector for the base, shoulder strap, and rain cover.

My problem has been finding a tail pack that looks modestly professional at the office and large enough to handle a laptop with a 15" screen... It's not overly large or high. It has a single main compartment with a two small side compartments.

Someone else had recommended this bag in a post, but it was out of stock at most locations last summer. I recently found one at a local shop for $84.00 CDN. While the price is a little high in my mind, the bag is fair value.

If you are looking for a tail bag that can handle the tech toys required for office life: Blackberry, laptop, power adapters, usb cables, mouse, glasses, etc... this one works.

I got the black one. I think it is faster...

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...?productid=148

Last edited by toocanad; 04-25-2009 at 04:47 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 AM

I have a Nelsen Rigg. It has plenty of room for rain gear, extra gloves, shoes, and other little stuff in it's reduced size. Expanded, it will carry even more. The rain cover is also expandable.DSC00349.jpg

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 10:42 AM

I have a Chase Harper Aeropac tail trunk that I've had for a decade. Big enough for a laptop plus everything you need for a weekend trip. I've used it on my Bandit for long trips and never had a problem. Still fits nicely on the back seat of the Versys, so not too big. Never leaked a drop of water even in extended downpours. Made in America too!

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
I am in love with both the small and medium Aerostich Moto-Fizz bags. Check the dimensions. Great, multifunctional, easy to clip on and off.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...e-p-16405.html
Go big or go home...LOL I have the med and the large. These moto fizz bags kick azz! I have had crotech, nelson riggs and several other softbags and the moto fizz bags are the Mercedes of soft bags. Worth every penny and more.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 04:20 PM

I have the Cortech one and love it. And toocanad is correct. The black one is faster than red or blue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode